1994 170TF Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else out there have a 1994 170TF with 90hp? what kind of speed are you getting? how's the hole shot? what prop and pitch? prop to pad?

I'm getting 43-45 by myself empty livewells, 3/4 tank gas, full tournament load

39-41 2 guys empty livewells, 3/4 tank gass, full tournament load.

running a 22p laserII prop. prop to pad is 5.75inches.

Used to have a similar setup with a 170 DC. That's about it no matter what you do to it.

fatrap

I have a 1996 170 TF with a 125 Merc - Laser II 22 pitch prop. Not sure on my pad measurement.

I get 46-48 mpg with a full Tank, full wells, 2 guys, and a tournament load. Hole shot really gets slow under those conditions as well. Usually my partner needs to lay on the front deck to get it to come down and let the engine unwind.

With empty wells and a normal load and I have no problems. Top end is 52-54.

If I am by myself, with less than 1/2 tank, and empty wells I have it around of 55-56. One time I got it to chine at 59 mph. That was testing it out to see what it could do. Less that 1/4 tank and I emptied out the boat. It was me, the batteries, gps, and the gas!

Other than the slow hole shot with a full load during tournaments, I love my boat!

Mike

Forgot to ask about how your hole shot is with a full load, gas, and wells...how is it? Same issues as me?

yes hole shot is the same, 2 guys full load, gas, full live well, etc partner needs to sit on front deck. by myself not that bad.

wish I could afford to put a 115hp on or better yet a new z9.

Yeah. I was looking at Nitro site the other night too after making my post to you! The new Z boats are nice!

How does your prop look? Mine is pretty beat up from a lot of river fishing and shallow water takeoffs....certainly not ideal for a boat with a slow hole shot. I think that a fresh prop with clean leading edges would help me out a bit. Just need to save up for a new one and a reconditioning of the current prop so I have a spare.

Mike

Latest posts

Back