115 ELPTO RPM's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Spoke to dealer today. They replaced the a part on the fuel pump that was broke.. They still had problem getting RPM's over 4000 100% of the time when WOT. They pulled the gas tank and found rather large curled piece of plastic in the tank left over from when factory installed the gas tank. They ran the boat on an external tank with no problems, they are going to reinstall my tank in the am fill with new gas and test again. They think they got it figured out now.. They stated they are gonna run the boat in the river for about an hour to be sure I have no problems.. Hope to have boat back by late wed. OutHouse Marine has some good folks there, they have kept me informed during their problem determination and ensured me that they will get to the bottom of the problem and have my boat cleaned and detailed. I have have dealings with other shops in the past where I would have a problem and would have brought the boat back 3 times to get it fixed... and each time they would have said its fixed. Nice to see a shop that goes the extra mile to ensure the boat leaves 100% water ready..

I recomend anyone with a tracker or nitro in Jacksonville to see Mike at Outhouse Marine.

It was fuel starvation at the tank!

Make sure that the tank didn't collapse due to the vaccuum. If it did, you will permenantly loose fuel capacity. The tank will have to be replaced.

me!

Jeezy Creezy!!!! You know that you would think that Tracker would have already got rid of those morons!:)

Seriously though...If the Tracker/Nitro QC Dept. don't get their heads ouuta their butts...Your gonna' continue to see all this bashin' that you see and hear. Seriously...I'm STILL findin' crap in the bottom of my boat after two years of use. It's rediculous!!!!! Why don't they just clean em' up BEFORE they put decks,lids and floors in! I mean Jeez...it's not rocket science:(

TEE

Maybe, but INSIDE the tank...sorry but that is the tank manufacturers mess up. Build garbage in the bottom of your boat may not be pretty but it is not destroying anything...unless of course it is small enough to foul yor bilge pump.

TOXIC

That was one of my biggest complaints! Now listen at this Tox...When I first got my boat and purposely added water to the bottom to check for leaks..I never ever seen so much garbage. Not just shavings..I'm talkin' even drill bits and plugs where they used hole saws in places. Well when I called the dealer here's what they said,"It's not a problem and won't hurt a thing!...... See..this is what I'm taking about...Dealers should never ever tell a customer that,"It's NOT a problem'! It is and it shouldn't happen..BOTTOM LINE! And I'm SURE that if anyone else has had to deal with it knows what I'm talikn' about.:)

That's like building a car and leavin' nuts and bolts everywhere...

TEE

Tee has a point.. They should take better care to clean out the boat. It does not take that long to vacume it out with a shop vac at the factory.

Heck.. get some of the Champion builders and pay em' minimum to vacuum the bottoms! Bwahahahahahaha:)

Hey, I'm not arguing (I know you know that) but are you willing to pay Union wages for someone to clean your boat. I do agree that copius amounts of garbage is not good but if it doesn't damage your boat....no harm no foul.

They have bigger fish to fry...Like quality control!!

TOXIC

Toxic. has a point too.. We should get together and meet at the Tracker Factory some day and make the folks up their aware of our issues.. How about the next rally be at the Tracker Factory..

No No..no point...THAT is Quality Control. Done it for many years.

The thing is you can have just a "good or fair" product or you can have a "quality" product.

Volume of production is NO EXCUSE....PERIOD!

We the BASS Anglers NTOWS in order to run a more perfect boat demand quality control, no excuses, period!

We expect our boats to be defect free, clean and free of garbage, wires, screws, nuts, bolts and curly plastic pieces in our gas tanks.

We expect carpet that is installed correctly, fiberglass in storage compartments to be defect free, seats that do not wear out prematurely and gelcoats free of defects and stress cracks.

Sincerly,

Tracker / Nitro Owners of NTOWS

Feel Free to add on....

Funny Brian...I think there's a few of us that's maybe added too much..self included:)

TEE

Price didn't really have that much to do with my boat purchase but, it helped me compare apples to melons:)

I think when I was looking at purchasing a new boat this time around I was sorta looking at apples and apples.. The 4 boats I was looking at were the Skeeter SX 170 and SX180, Procraft Pro 175 and the Nitro NX750. After compairing all models and features. The Nitro seemed to give the most for my $$ and I like to looks over the other models I was looking at. Besides the price of the skeeters were 2K to 4K more.

Well,, all I can is they are checking everything out.. they found some crap in the fuel filter so they are now going to remove all the carbs and ensure nothing got in there from the gas tank... at this rate all I will need to do at 20 hours is change the lower unit oil..

Back