115 ELPTO Rev Limiter??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Kennedy

Reaction score
Took my 882 into the local dealer because the engine was "cutting out" around 5300RPM. They took it to the lake, and called me to come pick it up. When I got there, the tech told me it was only the rev limiter. I didn't know these engines had one. Anyone else experience this?

Jeff, I have the same boat and motor. I have a 22 pitch Laser 2 and it will not hit the rev limiter if there is one. According to the guage I have had it at 5250-5300rpm with no problems. The max RPM is supposed to be 5250rpm and that is about all I can turn. Interested to know what prop you have.

Corey

I have a 75 and if i am not mistaken yours and mine have to same block with a different bore and stroke. so should have about the same rev limiter. Mine hits about 5300 and starts cutting...would try a different prop. I tried many and got the prop thats runs my motor at 5200...the only time i get close or hit the limiter is on those nice cool winter days...

Back