05 Dodge Dakota

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 Dodge Dakota. Anyone own a 2005/2006 Dakota? Pros or Cons. I was looking at the 2006 Tacoma, but a friend of mine just purchased a 05 Dakota and got $7,000 off MSRP. The dealership near me has a few 05 Dakotas left. At that discount it seems hard to pass up. Any thoughts?

Did you read the article I left for you in the other thread?

I thought about Dodge before I bought my Tacoma, and a thought was all it took. Not bashing Dodge at all, but to me the extra initial cost is worth the price of quality in the long run.

I've owned only 2 trucks that I have never had a problem with, an 89 GMC 1500 and my 2000 Toyota Tundra.

Go out and drive both and let that help with your decision.

Let me know if you need any links to Toyota sites ;)

My wife drives an '05 Dakota Laramie....she has had it about six months now and is crazy about it. No problems with it. It's a real sharp rig.

I have owned 3 Dakotas. 1992v6, 1995v6 and a 2003 with v8. I drove the 95 for 5 1/2 years and only replaced the brakes and water pump. I totaled it when an old couple pulled out in front of me when coming home from the lake. Air bag and the seatbelt saved me for sure. The truck held up good. The 2003 had the balljoint problem but I had them replaced and had no trouble. That V8 in that one towed my nitro and them my ranger well. I now own a 05 gmc sierra 5.3 and I hope it does me as good as my past dakotas.

Clark

Maybe posting this on a Dodge and/or Toyota message board would get a broader response and additional info.

Thanks everyone. Bruce I did read the article, thanks. But if your Toyota was marked up $3,000 and I can get a 05 Dakota for $7,000 off, that's a $10,000 difference. If they were they same price I would go Toyota, but that's a huge difference in price.

I have a 2005 Dakota Quad... it replaced my 01 Dakota Quad.

The 2005 + models have (up to) a 7000 Pound towing capacity, and it was designed on the same principles the full size trucks are. The way mine is set up, (V8, Towing package, etc) I have a tow rating of 6700#... it tows my 911 like it isnt even there.

I have had no issues whatsoever with my 05, except I'm putting too many miles on it !

This is a little older picture... I've prettied it up a little bit since then:

05dak_911.jpg

Love my Dodge Quad Cab 1500 so can't tell you much about the Dakota other than to tell you they have a recall for the windshield wiper motor. If you get on make sure they replace the motor.

dice -

The $3K markup is over invoice, not over MSRP, just so that's clear ;)

Either one you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy :cool:

Thanks Bruce and everyone. I just purchased a 05 Dakota 4x4 Laramie, 44 miles. They took $7,500 off the msrp and gave me $500 more than bluebook on my trade in. Now if I could just get the weather to behave, maybe i could pull my tracker to the water! 3 to 4 inches of snow to mark the first day of spring!

Latest posts

Back