04 PT 175 ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I can't tell whether the on board charger is connected to the troll motor battery only or is it also connected to starter battery? If you can answer this , I would appreciate it. Also, is the bildge pump automatic or manual- I see that a switch on the dash says that it is both. I assume if you leave it on auto, it kicks on when needed.....thanks for the help. Kenny

If the '04 is anything like my '95 the automatic is for the livewell pump. Mine (roughly) comes on for one minute and off for three. Once I put a fish in the well I put it on auto and forget it. I've never lost a fish due to this system. As I'm writing I see you said bilde pump. If that's automatic you shoyls have a float switch on or near the pump. As far as the charger are concerned you'll have to see which wires are connected to which battery. If you bought the boat used you should take some time to sort that out so if something goes wrong on the water you'll have some idea where to start looking to fix the problem. Not very definative but I hope it helps.

This is all based on my past two Tracker Marine boats, '97 Nitro 640LX and '03 P/T 185. I was going to say what Pete W. said, follow the wires. Most Trackers come with 12 Volt T/M's and single bank chargers that are connected to the T/M battery. Did you or the previous owner order yours wth a 24 volt T/M? In that case you may have a two bank charger that would be connected to both T/M batteries. That would all be special order. The starting battery is charged by the outboard.

If you have an automatic bildge pump, it will have a float. I'm not to sure about the 2004's, but most Trackers came with manual bildge pumps. Again, you might have an automatic bildge pump if you or the previous owner ordered or installed one.

Steve

The auto / manual switch is not the bilge switch. It is the livewell switch. In manual the pump runs constant, in auto it runs on a timer. It will run a few minutes, then shut off a few. Run a few, shut off a few...

The stock on-board charger for the PT175 is a single bank charger, and it is hooked-up to the trolling battery only. Enjoy your new boat. :)

Craig

I had a Guest 2 Bank in my 175,It came rigged new like that....

rtlofishing, What year is your 175? I checked today and I see 3 lines coming out of my Guest 2607 on board charger , one is the ac plug and the other two go to the starter battery and the troll motor battery....positive and neg. connection to both. I assume its charging both. I also see a fuse in the line going to both. Comments welcomed by all means. Thanks, Kenny

Kenny - I believe the 2607 is a 1 bank, the 2 bank I believe is the 2611 which is what i'll bet rtlofishing has, which is what i've had on both my boats.

OK, I found out that the 2607 is a 2 bank charger. Looked it up, went to goggle and typed in guest 2607 on board charger and there it is....cost about $119, 6 amp and two bank unit so now I know for sure that my starter battery and troll motor battery are being kept hot while on the charge. Now I don't have to put a charger on the starter unit when the boat sits up for a while but the main thing, it extends the life of the battery. As Paul Harvey says, "Now you know the rest of the story".......Good day......Kenny

Latest posts

Back