'04 Northern Everstart schedule

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I was just given a tentative '04 schedule for the Northern Everstarts next year for any who are interested.

June 9-12 is MN again but on the Mississippi River out of Redwing.

July 28-31 is the Detroit River again, same launch location.

August 25-28 is Lake Erie out of OH again, same launch.

Sept 22-25 is Lake Champlain again and right now out of Mooney Bay, Plattsburgh again. I thought they were going back to Ti, but I like it better up here.

I will be entering all 4 next year for anyone that wants to be a co-angler, and I will be entering the first day open to Ranger owners. Should be in December.

Mac, do you remember the dates of the FLW on Champlain??? I want to put in for that one too, what is the deposit? I know the entry is $2,500 so the deposit is most likely about $850 right? Hopefully they push a few locals through for the PR side.

Rob put in for the FLW event anyhow and show up for the pairings meeting.

y buddy Bill and I did that for the FLW Championship on the CT River a few years ago. We were on the waiting list but showed up for the pairings meeting and sure enough we wound up fishing the next day.

Rob,..it was sometime in June,....can't remember the exact weekend. (Don't know what the deposit will be for the Pro side,..but I'll probably fish that one as a co-angler too)

Rob, Red Wing is about 30 minutes south of me. I'll put in as a co-angler if you come over.But you better plan on dsaying here unless you have a better offer.Heck you can even use the 901 Blue Wonder if you do'nt want to pull your's all that way.I've got plenty of room so just keep it in mind since it's a ways off.I plan on fishing the MN.BASS PRO-AM next year as a pro but they usually do not book the same weekend as the Everstart.

Gross, thanks for the invite. I'll probably take you up on that since I will need to save cash anyway I can. I would love to not have to tow 1,000 miles there and back but I am registered for the Ranger cup and need to fish from a Ranger to qualify for bonuses. I'll know more as the details get solidified this winter.

Uh huh....sure you are Lamoy.....whatever.....that is what we heard this year....lol

Mini

That was until I got a new job and house. And we ALSO heard you were gonna have that Skeeter you just toasted back in like May or June too! $#!+ happens dude. I had my money in but didn't get the call. I just got the call for OH but declined it to roll the vaca time over to next year so I can fish all 4 and be guaranteed a spot. So bite me! LOL When I come out and bounce your vertebrae out on the MM in my Ranger next year you won't be so lippy! LOL

Remember that I didnt pay for my boat....my bosses were using it and I did get it for 4 days.....OUCH.

You still wont be guaranteed a spot. You arent the original owner of that Ranger. NOR do I think you qualify for Raner points becuase of it. I may be wrong.....I didnt read the rules...

Mini

READ & KNOW the RULES!!! Somebody told me that once! LOL Actually it doesn't say you have to be the original owner in the rules anywhere any more. And I confirmed it with a call. Now as for winning a boat on the Co-angler side, I think you have to be the original owner. And for the Ranger cup, I didn't see anything there either about being the origianl owner. I know it used to be that way for at least one of them, but it doesn't say it anymore. I'll get in, don't you worry. And when I get to MI, I'll be toting a FEW bottles of Jack, cause when YOU fall asleep buddy!!!! It's ALL your GPS cooridinates on the web shortly after I use them to win! LOL

Right from the FLW web page:

"For Ranger boat owners, non-transferable, non-refundable deposits will be accepted to hold pro and co-angler spots for tournaments beginning at 8:00 a.m. Central Time, November 26, 2002."

Nothing about "original" owner. Besides, after I win the one on Champlain.......never mind, I tried that last year. No need to ginx myself again.

And from the Ranger web page about the Ranger cup:

"To qualify for Ranger Cup competition, anglers must own a Ranger boat, fish from a Ranger boat at qualifying tournaments, meet clothing and decal display requirements, and return a completed official registration form."

"must own a Ranger boat" That's all.

Rob, I just got my confirmation letter from the FLW for the Everstart Tournament on Lake Champlain as a C0 - Angler. In the letter it's states that and I'm qouteing the letter, " To be eligible for the Ranger Bonus, pros must be the oringinal owner of a Ranger boat, bring a copy of the boat registration to the tournament registration and fish from a Ranger boat during competion. " Then it goes on to say that these eligibility requirements while inadvertently left off the qualifying purses page of the 2003 Everstart Series brochure, are outlined on the awards page of the brochure. I don't know if this also contains to the Ranger Cup points that you were talking about or not, but that's what my confirmation letter stated that I recieved in the mail yesterday...

Buzz

DAAAAMMMMMMN YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Had to go rain on my parade huh? That's it, I'm calling Ranger!

Latest posts

Back