Z19 Sport - Rod Locker for 7ft pole

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a '21 Z19 Sport and was struggling with the same thing! I've also thought about buying some larger PVC tubes and putting the longer rods in socks and in the ski locker. Trying to protect the rods from everything else that goes in that locker... I'll have to try taking the caps off at the bow. Thanks for the great idea!

If it's a plastic rod tube why would you need sleeves?
The rod sleeves will prevent the end of the rods from catching on the end of the tubes. When you remove the caps to get the 7' rods in the tubes, the end of the rods go in beyond the end of the tubes in the boat. When I have to open the front cap again I will get a picture of what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

Really? I have a 2019 Z19 Sport and I'll be damn if I can put anything but a 6' rod in my rod locker. I'll have to try that again . . .
I took the plastic cover off the bow. Took all three caps off like another guy explained. Then add PVC tubing to extend rod tubes. No problems with wiring getting hooked on. Tapered inside PVC tubing with dremel tool.

Hello - I was curious if anyone with a Z19 sport (2020) has any luck getting a 7ft pole in the rod locker. Thanks in advance!
Didn't know if had any luck with your fishing pole tube extensions. Here's some pictures of mine. Needed duct tape for a better fit. Also tapered inside edge of tube. Hope this helps. My 7' poles fit.

Attachments

• Fishing Pole piping.JPG
    Fishing Pole piping.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Fishing Pole piping 2.JPG
    Fishing Pole piping 2.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 27
  • Fishing Pole piping 4.JPG
    Fishing Pole piping 4.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
It’s where you center storage fishing rod tubes end in the bow of your boat. Very easy access.

I thought the z19 sport amd 189 sport were very similar. For sone reason I can't wrap my mind around this.

Would you min posting an overview pic please?

I thought the z19 sport amd 189 sport were very similar. For sone reason I can't wrap my mind around this.

There is room for longer rod tubes in the front. I guess it's about cut backs and savings. Probably saved 1 dollar with shorter tubes and most likely done by penny pinchers who are not fishermen. Putting a rod locker in a bass boat less than 7ft makes no sense at all.

My boats in winter storage and I can't get to it for a while. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back