• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: bow mount trolling motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin Resch

Reaction score
I need a portable bow mount trolling motor. I'm not particular on size and all that. I need to fish the Little Red River in Arkansas. can anyone help? I can't find these anywhere

What kind of boat is it for?

Don't really know of a "portable" bow-mount unit. Back in the day, though, I used a cheap transom mount TM with a special bracket on the bow of my jon-boat that was quite portable. Still have one of these brackets, NIB, if you're interested.

Hope that's not the only motor you're planning on using on the Little Red when they're generating.

No....I've been going to the Little Red for about 10 years now. It's a lot easier to get around with a TM (in addition to the regular motor of course)

I used to own a small bow moutn trolling motor. I guess they don't make them anymore....What is this bracket you are talking about?

Here is a bracket from Bass-Pro, then add any transom mount trolling motor you can find.

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=9162&hvarTarget=search

I see..that's interesting...maybe I'm just an idiot, but how in the world does that thing work...I mean..I can hook up the TM to the bow without the bracket...it is just backward...and very hard to operate...how does this bracket help?

....to convert a trolling motor to "bow mount" just remove the two screws attaching the head to the shaft, rotate 180deg and reinstall the screws.....that way the tiller handle will point in the same direction as the motor shaft, instead of opposite for a transom mount....can you picture it?

Latest posts

Back