Winter Time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
With winter time on its way, how about a rally in Warm Sunny Florida?

Rules are simple.

Pick a date, a lake and announce the rally. See how many will attend. The Dale Hollow rally started that way.

I may well be game for a few days in Florida, depending upon date(s) and where in Florida.

Tex

Suggestions:

In no particular order-

Stick Marsh / Farm 13

Rodman

Lake George

St. Johns River

Lake Okeechobee ( Big O )

Toho ( Central Florida Lakes )

Dates:

Maybe a weekend end of Feb or sometime in March.

Brian,

You probably need to start a new thread with a specific title. Winter Time is not going to attract many to the thread.

Tex

How bout Arizona? There are some great fisheries out here and the weather is plenty warm throughout winter. Bring some 10+ inch trout pattern plugs and swimbaits and hold on to your rod tight.

Josh

I fished the Big O once, What a waste of time!!!

Fished it for 3 solid days-not a bite. The 3rd day we even used live bait, 6'' shiners, nuthing. Talking to others at the dock said even guides were coming in blanked.

Left 4 days early and went to Lake Istokpoga. Its about 2 hours north of Okeechobee. Much better fishing. Tore them up. Jerk baits in and around the grass!!! Much less pressure. I would travel (From Washington, DC area) to Istokpoga. I wouldnt go back to Okeechobee again on a bet!!

Just my 2 cents worth!!

But, with my work schedule I probably couldnt go to either right now.

Winter time?? What is that??? I was out on Sunday will be out in my first Club T (as a guest) on Saturday. I don't know if I could make a trip this year, but i'll listen.

Trep

sign me up for a Fla rally Brian. Im in!! Maybe one reason is i live in leesburg fl . It was 84 degrees here today. Ken you need to give big o another try . I fished it twice this past summer both good days and local tournys winning weights are around 23lbs. i think were going to fish it in jan with the club im in. I fished walk in water last sunday it was pretty good except for the chain pickrel(spelling) lost two good spinnerbaits on them bad boys. and all the hydrilla and weeds were blown away,because of the huricanes. anyways i could make it if yall had the rally in one of the southeastern states.

How about a rally in the spring(warm weather) in the TableRock or Bull Shoals area,that would be 6-8 hours for us up here in E.Nebraska.

Don't know how many of you heard, but someone pulled a 15lb bass out of Toho about two weeks back. Also, evidently the drawdown has been replenished by our numerous hurricanes and launching is no longer a problem.

I did 2 trips this summer to the Lake George area and middle St. Johns. Unless you are going for something other than bass, I'd say avoid those right now.

I heard Rodman was being drained, but I didn't head that far up the St. Johns. I stayed around Hontoon Landing and we rode the river up to the North side of Lake George, and south to Lake Mary?

Caught about 12 fish on both combined trips.

Stick Marsh / Farm 13 is a little more promising, but don't expect to run full out unless you like eating stumps with your boat.

Lake Kissimmee is pretty good and the Kissimmee chain of lakes is promising as well.

I'd be up for a Florida Rally.... just repowered the 2000 700 LX a few months back with a nice new Merc 125 HP classic. Just what the doctor ordered.

Back