Why'd Nitro replace your boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Guys and gals, I'm trying to determine WHAT has to go wrong with a boat for Nitro to replace it (and how you knew there was a problem). For instance, if a stringer broke loose on you, how did you know?

No, mine doesn't need replacing (though I'd LOVE a new one)... I'm just trying to figure out what some of these things actually "feel" like.

I had the keel "seam", the strip of tin that holds both halves of the hull together split in two. Pretty easy to tell, the boat wouldn't get on plane, and I could hear the water under the floor boards. When I pulled it out on the trailer, a couple hundred gallons of water poured out of the crack the whole way home. Plus, I had several blown rivets. You could tell because they were loose which meant they had let go of what they were riveted to inside....the ribs/stringers.

I had my boat(2001 vs.2002) replaced because of a soft deck(similar to problem Bill had)and the trailer was real rusty. I squaked enough plus they didn't have a choice...my Credit Union held the check until delivery. And I denied delivery...

TEE

Latest posts

Back