Who's ready for SPRING????? :)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
O.K....this stuff has me reelin' man. Just can't get my first trip to Dale this Spring outta' my mind!

So where's some of y'alls first trips gonna be this year and any new tactics ya' might want to share with the NTOWS crew?

Of course mine is Dale and doin' a lot more jig&pig fishin' when it gets tough. Where and what's yours?

TEE

I'm hoping to get together with Mac, mini, Marke and any other of those Northern Yanks sometime this summer. Also will got to Wisconsin for 2 weeks and hopefully I will have a lot of clients.

TOXIC

Champlain in May. No new tactics, will throw the usual green pumpkin grubs and Senkos for LM and smallies. Also jig and pig for LM.

Bob G.

Im going back to mexico in may for a little more roosterfishin. On my return trip we are stoppin in tampa for a few more days of fishin in the gulf for tarpon and permit.

SPRING? SPRING?.....Spring is just a myth. It doesn't really exist. It's some fantasy the weather man feeds us north of VA to make us believe this god forsaken frozen winter will ever end. There is NO stinkin' spring. Just cold and COLDER. Durn fever!

Actually..... I want to try to fish in Orlando when I go in March, but if that doesn't happen, it will be April before I can perch fish. As for new techniques, I need to work on my C-rig and dropshot in deep water. But those are July-Aug techniques on Champlain. Ice SHOULD be off the lake by then.....I'm hoping.

There are 4 distinct seasons in NY

Almost winter

Winter

STILL Winter

Construction

I am looking to put in anywhere there isn't ice. So when is spring? I know the calendar date is 21 March but if it's not 50 or above my thin blooded Southern behind is staying in doors until it gets warmer.

Cass :)

Ah come on Cass...get with and get out there when everybodie's home stayin' warm. That's when 90% of the lunkers are caught...when everybody is home:)

TEE

I hope to be fishing just after the super bowl (in texas on Rayburn) of course

My tournament schedule is coming together...

Burt and Mullet lakes, Lake Erie, Saginaw Bay, Lake St Clair, Elk and Torch, Lake Margarethe and more!!!

Mini

I'm with Cass.. except that I want it 60 or better.. I'm hoping to get to Florida next month sometime. Be assured I will be pulling the boat..

Bill

I'm leaving on Friday morning for our annual freeze-out trout fishing tournament in Branson. We'll fish Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning and return home late Monday afternoon. I am so PSYCHED!! The boat is packed, my clothes and personal gear are by the front door, and the weather looks like it will cooperate for the most part (maybe some rain on Sunday).

If trout fishing gets to be too slow, we're going to attempt some smallmouth fishing at the lower end of Lake Taneycomo. But my goal this trip is to latch onto a twenty-inch plus rainbow and get it all the way to the boat for a picture.

Then our first "real" fishing trip ('cause it seems like bass are the only fish worth talking about), will be to Lake of the Ozarks in mid-April. Ha-ha!!! I've got a new GPS and I can't WAIT to start marking hot spots on LOZ!!

My boat will probably get in the water in March. Lake will be either Lake Springfield(Illinois) or Lake Newton(another hour south). Both are cooling lakes. I have never fished Springfield, but sounds like it might have some possibilities. My new tactic this summer is to finally become good at either jig/texas worm fishing. This is my weakest area because my buddy I partner fish tournaments with is really godd so I usually will try another pattern while he works a jig.

Well I may fish a local local tourny here in KY on a smaller lake to get my feet wet for tourny fishing. I have my annual get together/tourny in May on Douglas Lake in TN. New stuff I may try are, drop shotting, more top water, and more jigs.

Mini-

Have you fished Lake Margarethe before?

I hit it once and got skunked...

az

Nope I have driven by it dozens of times on my way to Elk and Torch....I am looking forward to it.

I hear spinnerbaits are all the rage and of course tubes!

Mini

I'll be goin to Lake Fork the first week of March, got the boat all packed up and ready. Cant wait!!!!!

Mike

I want spring to be here so bad I darned near wet myself watching Bill Dance this weekend.

My first fishing trip besides Patoka Lake (cabin) will probably be the rally in KY. I was told this year I have to take a "fun" vacation with the girls instead of a fishing trip to Minnesota. So, I'll probably be stuck on a cruise in the Carribean wishin' I was fishin'!!!!

I forgot what spring is..you will have to remind me again. Ill probly hit some of the smaller shallower lakes and senko fish for them big ole bucket mouths.

T.S.

Ben...let us know how ya' do....there's a few of us Dale Dogs here at NTOWS:)

TEE

Hey John, isn't Margarethe Tom and Bills "home" lake? If so, they'll be tough to beat there. Mac and I drove by it on the way to/from Elk last year. Looks "fishy".LOL

Craig

Back