Which battery charger should I buy?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kane

Reaction score
I'll be taking delievery of a new Nitro NX 750 next month. One of the first accessories I plan to add will be an on board battery charger. The boat has a cranking and deep cycle trolling motor battery installed. I would appreciate your recommendations as to which make and model charging system to purchase. Thanks in advance for your replys.

You should probably consider adding a second trolling battery and then a three bank GUEST

I purchased a Guest 2611 two bank charger about 7 years ago for my old boat. It stop working after about 10 months and they replaced it without any question. It has worked flawlessly since then. When I sold my boat last summer I took it out to keep in case the charger in my new boat, not a Guest charger, fails. The next time I have to buy a charger it will definitely be a Guest. From everything I have read on this board and my personal experience they stand behind their products.

Larry

Steve -

There are a lot of us who stick with the original batteries and trolling motors!

Larry gave excellent advice the Guest 2611 would be perfect for you! There's a link below to their website description. They're available through almost everywhere or, if you can't find one, call Sue D at Guest (888-483-7865 ext 135) and she can recommend a retail outlet!

Congrats on the new boat!

me!
http://www.guestco.com/showProduct.asp?p=2611

I know allot of folks on the board prefer GUEST chargers, personaly I have had Dual Pro's on my last several boats and have had no problems with them.

Yeah but, you don't think we're gonna' recommend anything other than Guest here do ya'? LOL

I can only speak from experience, 5 years with a guest 2611 and not ONE problem! I've got 1 trolling and 1 cranking battery, heck the batteries only lasted 4 years and the Guest is still charging on!!!

Well Brian I've had to replace my Dual Pro 4 times!!!... Invariably one bank would go out and I have to call CSI..Now, yes, customer service is great, but it does get to be a pain in the --- having to swap out a battery charger every year! Dumped the Dual Pro and Guest is my product of choice!!!Customer service is great and it's a shame I'll never need it!!!

Bill,

Thats odd, since 2000 I have been running Dual Pro's and never had one go bad and I keep it plugged in 100% of the time when not fishing..

Back