Which 17?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Helscher

Reaction score
We are thinking of going from Pro DeepV 16 Combo to a 17' I can't decide between the Targa or the DeepV 17. Any thoughts? 2nd question, will most dealers change the electronics and TM if the buyer wishes?

I had the Targa 18 with full windshield. I would consider it a family boat first, fishing boat second. Good on big water - dry ride. The Deep V17 will be more of a fishing boat.

I believe that Tracker dealers 'must' deliver the boats with the standard electronics on them, or possibly upgrade to a better HBird. If you want something else, on the trolling motor, they can do that. If you want to replace the HBird on the console with same a Garmin or Lowrance unit, you probably need to do it after the sale. Not positive on that though.

Same on the trolling motor, you may be able to upgrade to a better unit, but not go to a different mfg.

Tex

Morning Firebird

Got a Targa 18sc this year-- my 1st boat. love the boat--

Have used it for only fishing so far. Can fish 3-4 without a problem. The Targa is fairly heavy-- with lots of storage. When I bought the Targa -- the dealer installed -- A 24 volt Motorguide 67# trolling motor--A onboard Guest 2 bank charger.-- and a Eagle 320 fish finder on the bow.

I think alot depends on your dealer -- My dealer would add a different fish finder to the console if I wanted.

I think the bottom line is -- $$$$$--If you want it - Most dealers will work with you.

You may save $$$$ if you do some of the upgrade installing yourself.--Being a "newbe"--- I had the dealer do the upgrades>.

GoodLuck

HaleDamage

Firebird,

My 2000 ProDeep 17 is a great family boat. The deep interior helps keep the little ones in when underway. It handles rough water fine. I believe the new models are a bit different than mine. Like about 15-20" wider. It is a nice boat and suits my needs just fine.

david....

Latest posts

Back