Where's Glenn

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Eder2

Reaction score
Anybody heard from Glenn lately? Haven't seen him post in a couple of days.

I'm back Rich! Just got in tonight. I really didn't want to return though. San Antonio TX is AWESOME.

Spent plenty of time with my wife and son - great time. First words out of my sons mouth when we got into my wifes Jeep to go drive around "I want to go to Bass Pro Shops". HEY! We can accomodate that request! MAN, OH MAN!!! Mind you, the San Antonio BPS isn't the biggest - but it had EVERY single lure that I wanted to buy - EVERY ONE of them!!!! I got so much cool stuff there - in the sizes and colors I wanted. And the staff was very knowledgable. I was impressed.

The FOOD.... oh my, oh my, oh my!!! Some of the best food I've eaten in a long time. I have a new favorite... "Tortilla Soup". Whoa! Awesome stuff. And the steak, and pork chops, and, and, and, and.... Oh! Man, I must have gained 10lbs in 5 days!

And the people - very nice, everywhere we went. Very polite, family oriented. And when I say family oriented, I really mean it. They were awesome to be around.

And last but not least - the houses. Holy cow! You get so much more "house for your money" as compared to what is available in Tidewater VA.

Not that I'm knocking Tidewater VA... but after 21 years... I need a change of pace.... and I have definitely found it in San Antonio TX!

I can't wait to move!

All the best,

Glenn

Make it snappy, we need a place to stay in that part of the country for fishing trips!! You coming to the show in Richmond this weekend? I'll be there tomorrow open to close but that's it. I finally started taking some of the perks that go with the "Senior Guide" designation!!:lol: Let the others set up tonight and tear down on Sunday!! Wife is going sking Sunday....hmmmmmmm, I might just try to get out on Bill's pond.

TOXIC

Toxic - Herndonpro is coming on Sunday to run his new power head. Come on down and join him.

Heck, he will be puttin around the lake not fishun:lol:

All depends on how late I get home Saturday night and if I make any "detours" before I get home:p I might wait till Monday.

TOXIC

Tox,

I'm working Greentop for Pflueger / Shakespeare / All Star both Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure if I'll make it out to the other show, but if I do, I'll stop by to say hello.

All,

I'm very excited about the fishing there. I found that I have several places to fish. A really nice gentleman working at the fishing counter at BPS told me about the local spots, and gave me plenty of suggestions. He said that "Dunlap" and "McQueeney" are about 30-35 miles away and "Calaveras" and "Brannig" are old power-plant lakes that are also about 30 miles away. Then there is "Canyon" that is supposedly good for White Bass and Striper, and "Medina", which he didn't care for too much and refered to it as "the Dead Sea" :lol: . Then we discussed the one I'm looking forward to - Choke Canyon. It's about a 2 hour drive, but I'm used to that, as I travel that far to get to Gaston, Kerr, and some of the Carolina rivers I fish in the Albemarle Sound. He got really excited talking about the "long drive" lakes though - Falcon and Amistad - about 5 hours South for Falcon and 5 hours west for Amistad according to him - but "worth the drive". I'm sure I'll make it out there eventually, but for the first couple of trips, I want to work on Choke Canyon.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back