where to fish?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Can't decide on where to go Saturday Lake Anna or the Potomac. I have not been on the river for awhile anyone know where the bite is ? Grass, creeks I heard the water is almost 90 on the main river.

Hutch

Think you are better off at the river. Water temps on the hot side are 101 and the boat traffic on the cold is borderline ridiculous. Have a good time and catch a few for me!

POTOMAC, you have to ask!!!!!

In germany now, home late tomorrow, maybe have the baot issue fixed under warranty too!! Good news today!!!

That's good new on the Motor whe do ya pick it up? when you get back out on the river let me know I meet ya.

Hutch, I HOPE to get it Saturday or have a buddy pick it up for me. They are installing the filter on it today from what Sue told me. Will gas it up and run for a bit and see what happens!!!!

I have been trying to figure out a good time to do the Shenandoah river float/cookout I know you travel alot shoot me some dates yo can make it then I'll post it. the bad thing is I'm booked most of Aug. so any time in Sept would be best time for me.

Hutch - I've been doing pretty good on the Potomac. Even with the tournament crowds, it ain't nearly so bad as the cold side of Lake Anna can get! I've been doing pretty good at Mattawoman and the Occoquan area. Went to the reservoir last weekend and got eight nice little bass. Biggest was just under 2 pounds. Respectable for me (peanuts for all you pros!).

If you go out of Leesylvania, I know that C did awesome several weeks ago on the grass outside Quantico. Bit of a run down to get there, but the weather report isn't calling for anything out of the ordinary for a typical DC summer (i.e., hot, humid, hazy, chance of PM storms).

Good luck!

Back