When to Fill up?

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
I've got 3 trips next week that are going to require me to gas up the rig. When do you think the best time to fuel is.....tomorrow @ $3.19 or wait till the end of the week and chance prices then?

TOXIC

Pipelines opening back up, oil & gas coming from overseas and stratigic reserves. I'm hoping a few days after Labor Day will be the start of a downward trend.

I'm betting the profit takers will be selling gas fututes next week and not buying.

My vote is wait till later next week if you can!

Fill up now...I did..3.19 here Scott...Take a chance..ha haah........ JR

I think the French will have us bailed out pretty soon....I'd wait.

Seriously, I think much of what we are seeing now is panic pricing on top of the obligatory Labor Day price gouge. It could just be wishful thinking but I think gas will be down to bargin basement prices like $2.89 very soon.

Harpo

Gas here in my area was up to 3.15 the other day, last night down to just under 3.00. Go figure.. Oil Companies are making a killing.....:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I noticed that gas came down about 7 or 8 cents today (Sunday). That's a trend I'd like to see continue for awhile.

Harpo

It's pice gouging and shame on these stations that are doing it. I have a 19 gallon tank and during the summer I drive 111 miles round trip and have always liked having a half of tank or more because you never know what kind of situation you can get into on the road so I fill up on base daily M - F and every day this week up to Friday was $2.559 and Friday was $2.619.

Cass :blink:

In GA mid week (from my wife's reporting to me after I got back from Canada, and USA Today) some Atlanta area stations were OVER $6 a gallon!! Then the Governor repealed the Gas tax for Sept only, and implemented a price gouging law that requires stations to charge no more then they did on a specific day he selected (Don't remember which one, but it kept the price under $3.

Back