What's better than catching a lunker?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
The only thing better than catching a lunker is watching your kid catch a lunker!:D Me and the boy went out yesterday and he caught this one on a sexy shad crankbait. It measured out 22 inches and we put her back. It's his best yet and got his knees shakin'...ha ha ha. He caught a three pounder on the very next cast. Both caught in three feet of water in a pond of Fort Stewart, GA.

JP
Metz 31 Dec 08 Lunker.jpg

Nice fish!! Taht is a base pond? If so, i will bring my fishing gear next time I am down there!!!

Yeah Carlos, it's a pond on base that is managed for trophy fish. Fish have to be 24" in be taken, otherwise they go back in the water! Fort Stewart is credited with 10 fish in the Georgia top 45! So if you make it down with your gear, you'll be looking for Pond # 26, Metz Pond. Good luck and bring your braided line!

JP

whats better than catching one? Trick question? TWO! Ha ha.. congrats, to both of ya

Yup, helping a kid catch one and seeing their face is WAY better than catching it yourself.

LOL.....i'm losing mine pretty quick!!! Down 24lbs so far in the past 8 weeks. My goal is to be down to @ 200lbs by spring!! (I'll be happy if I make it to 210 though!! LOL)

I'm already wearing pants 4" smaller!! My wife is losing too...she's lookin' like she did BEFORE 2 kids!!! Hubba Hubba!!!:wub::wub:

Everybody's boats will be a little faster this spring when they haul my arss around!! LOL

Mac - Dammit man!! I keep finding what you're losing! Stop the insanity!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back