what would you guys pay?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
As some of you know, I have my boat for sale. I know my asking price is too high, but I had to start somewhere, and what I owe on the boat was a good place to start.

I may have the opportunity to put some cash down on the loan to get it closer to a real selling price.

What would you guys expect to pay for an 08 Z-7 DC 150EFI with 42hrs and a list of "upgrades" over the factory standard boat? Thanks for the input.

Single axle trailer with brakes

Dual console

X96 in Dash

Lowrance 332C on bow

MinnKota 70 H/C tm

6" Pro Hi-Jacker plate

23P Tempest Plus

Rod organizer

Guest 30amp 3 bank charger

Stealth 1 d/c charger

Keel Guard

2 AC Delco trolling batteries (season and a half)

Obviously, a seller is looking to get the highest price and buyer looking to get lowest price. The following to me, as a buyer or seller would seem fair to both.

Take the original price (of boat) and reduce it by $500 to $1,000 per season or partial season. Assuming there are no visible defects in anything. What is known as 'EXCELLENT' condition.

Add up the price by 50% of the original cost for each upgrade item. i.e. Keel Guard, prop, etc.. If you're leaving any other equipment go with it such as ropes, anchor, etc., that's worth a few coins too.

An upgraded boat with equipment is worth it to many buyers to pay 1/2 what it would cost to do it after purchase. Especially on a newer boat such as yours'.

All this of course is just MHO but, seems fair on both parts to me.

Also, have a certified mechanic check the outboard and be able to show (have papers) as to it's condition. That is where I would be willing to pay top $$

Back