What to do with your Livewell?

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Sitting here with my rig still covered and winterized I thought maybe everyone could put on their thinking caps and come up with some ideas of what to do with your livewells when they are never used for keeping fish?

I kinda like the idea listed earlier about using them for a "porta-potty":) Any others?

Bill

Yep...forgot my cooler a couple times and it works well!:)

Put the bass rod down, go catch some walleye or perch and use it for fish!

Well, I already have a Jacuzzi foot messager for these old dogs so I guess The Cooler idea is the best. I do put down my Bass rod when I'm fishing salt water but I don't keep those fish either... Not having to take a cooler along will save some space..

Bill

Bill,

I can respect that, but man, you don't know what you are missing! Fresh perch or walleye grilled with some butter and lemon!

C'mon Spring!!

Rich D

<bg> I know Rich.. No Walleye around here but the White Perch are plentiful and the Yellow Perch are making a comeback. Plus Stripers are plentiful and willing to jump in the boat but I just can't keep em'. I will keep the fish I don't think will make it if I release them including those insane Pickerel that HAVE to swallow the lure.. I usually just put those fish in the cooler and I agree, grilled with lemon and butter is great but though I shouldn't, I still fry them sometimes..

Bill

If you fry them, do it in lard or bacon grease, I mean at that point, what the heck and it is soooo much better!

Cooler on one side, garbage on the other. Porta Potty? Think about cleaning that for a moment!!!

with my current boat I made a stainless steel sleave insert that drops into the livewell opening and I store all of my tackle in there. I did this because my boat is very small and I built a deck extension that covered the storage compartment that held my boxes before. Im not sure if this is something you would be interested in or not but you could have em made by a sheet metal shop fairly cheap Im sure.

I used to put minnows,small, turtles, frogs etc in there when my kids were little. They'd spend hours playing in the livewell. You could also stick a Billy Bass in there and when someone was with you slam the lid and listen to it sing. Man I'm getting the feveeeerrrr.

fatrap

I have 2 on my boat, I turned the one under the passenger seat in to a cooler and it doubles as storage when I don't need to keep stuff cool.

Potty, that what the bait buckets my Pro Crappy (LOL) came with are for!!!

Bill, if you need anymore info on that let me know. Im a stainless steel welder/fabricator by trade. If you live near MN I could possibly do it for you, or just give you a few pointers. E-mail me at [email protected] if you need anything.

Back