what make of boat does Bill Dance use ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I am purchasing an old tri-haul boat and wondering if there are any people that have had experience in this kind of boat, and if so, how was there experience? It looks like the boat that Bill Dance use to use. If any one has any pictures of any old tri-hauls that would be really great if you could share them with me! Thanx

Matthew Gross (son of Mark Gross)

I've had one in the past. Don't remember exactly the model/make that I had, but a popular one for some time was Glastron.

It's an all round type of boat. A little more stable than a deep v for fishing (doesn't rock as much as a deep v, more than a bass boat). Generally will not have the flotation that modern bass boats have.

Tex

Gross,

Some of the guys in my club have old Glass Bass Boats, they are called Trophy Boats, they are very nice solid and stable for fishing the smaller waters we fish.

Chris

Dance uses ProCraft boats,.............he's used those for as long as I can remember!!

and the newer shows have him in a tracker! (aluminum)

firstboat.jpg

Matt -

This was my first bass boat. You can't see it in the picture but it was the tri-hull design. It was a 15'6" 1973 Monarck with a 1973 75 hp Evinrude. No tilt or trim. Livewell didn't have recirculation so I used a battery powered aerator. I wish I still had that boat! It wasn't much good in rough water - but on relatively smooth days it would go everywhere and everywhere I wanted to go. It would run all day long on 1/2 of one of the two 6 gallon fuel cans! Never failed to start! It caught lots of fish! :)

Enjoy your new boat!

me!

Matt isn't here at the moment but the boat he is buying looks a lot like the boat pic of ME!

I believe its just about the same color as well . I seen it yesterday we drove past itand Iwanted to look at it but my wife wasdriving. I'm still not allowed to drive yet.

The guy wants a grand for it but it really did looked super clean. It has a Johnson 60hp on it.

Matt says it started right up.

I had a Ranger similiar to the above design. Most early bass boats were similar. That boat (above), is not really considered a tri-hull design (at least I don't consider it to be).

The picture is a glastron tri-hull.

Tex

trihull.jpg

Bill has been in Pro Craft/Fisher products for a very long time. With his addition to the BPS Pro Staff, I think you'll be seeing him in a few different Tracker products as well.

Mark -

I bougth mine the weekend after Labor Day weekend, 1994 for $1,000.

Used it until I bought a new Nitro 180 in February, 1996. Sold it for $1,500!

me!

I had an old Tri-Hull some years ago. It was 15 ft. The only problen I had was that it was rougher than a cob in rough water. It would not cut thru the waves like a V Hull. It would beat the dickens out of you and sound like it was about to come apart. Good Luck

Heck, Bob..... You forgot to mention the spray coming over the bow! :lol: :lol:

Back