What drawbar to use?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgFish 65

Reaction score
Recently bought a new Toyota Tacoma that came with a class IV receiver. I went to Bass Pro to buy a new drawbar, but could only find class III. I bought one anyways, as it seemed to fit fine. Is this OK? I used a class II on my old vehicle, so this is kinda new to me. Thanks in advance.....

Mike

Yep you should be fine. just make sure you get the correct drop so the trailer is as level as possible when hooked to the truck.

Jim B. I noticed in your library that you had a picture of a MinnKota with a loose cable cover. Like it had tore from the motor housing. Did you fix this or does this not cause a problem? My new, this year, MinnKota has done the same thing.

Thanks!

Raqndy, the loose cover wont "hurt" anything its mainly cosmetic. Yours should still be under warranty, i would get it fixed because they should do it for free.

When installing the drawbar, make sure the trailer tongue is level (when vehicle is fully loaded including you) to just slightly elevated. I wore out a set of brand new tires on a trip to Canada with a low drawbar.

Thanks for all the responses. Hope everybody has a great holiday!

Back