What do you do in the fishing off season??

• Thread starter Travis Smith [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
Besides sulk that i cant go fishin I snowmobile.

T.S.
100_0317.JPG

I fish.. I am fortunate to live in Jacksonville. So I have 12 months of fishing and when the bass are not on.. There is inshore fishing for reds, trout, drum... you name it in the ICW here..

Water temps in the mid 50s, is a great time to fish in Texas. It must be tough not being able to fish.

With the water temp being ICE...lol its tough to do anything besides ice fish (too cold) and snowmobile (heated handlebars keep ya warm).

T.S.

I have 2 power plant lakes nearby so if the weather is not too cold and the ramps are not icy I can go fishing when I need to wet a line.

I am no fan of cold weather so my extent of outdoor winter activities is to walk to the end of the driveway and get the mail.

Winter is when I catch up on the honey doo list I put off during the warm weather. Now that my honey doo tasks are done I spend time researching real estate in Florida. I am liking the idea of becoming a "Snowbird" more and more.

Come on spring!

Cass

Well I took the Body for Life Challenge and have lost about 15 lbs. I think iam to the point where iam gaining muscle now.

I have been making spinnerbaits when time permits. I have a few made up, and I will post them on here when i get a chance.

You could spend some of that time learning how to make your pictures SMALLER LOL KB

Travis,I read about(BASS) fishing all i can get my hands on

and then I watch vidio's on fishing,the same ones over and over.Then I watch fishing shows on fox and OLN ESPN2 AND OTHERS. you can never read to much. Then I look at my Bass catalog or visit the local tackle or outdoor store.(no BBS close) And sometimes if it is above 30* you can bounce a rubber plug of the ice !

Hey Gross do you have Cable TV? Comcast has a new thing called on Demand where you can pick a movie or event and watch it, it has pause, fast forward and rewind features. Even better they have fishing shows you can play any time you want. This morning I watched the In-Fisherman F+L+P special and will be watching the Opportunities, Soft Plastics and Spinner Bait shows later today.

Cass

CASS, It is available here but I didn't know I could do that with it.

Thanks

That on-demand thing is da bomb! The only problem is they don't update the shows often enough!

I put voodoo curses on all the posters here from Fla,Tx,Ca.and other warm states who remind us northerners that they are still fishing.LOL

Steve

I have had a plastic worm "side" business for a number of years so I spend the approx 4 months of winter making my inventory for next year so that I don't cut into my fishing/golfing time when the orders come in througout the summer. I also tinker with new lure ideas/molds.

Sounds like we all have our different things we do druning the winter.

KB I was thinking that someone would say that. I tried croping the picture but it was a pain. Technology these days....lol.

Have a good weekend,

T.S.

Travis -

You don't crop it - you resize it.

If you've got MS Photo editor..... In the resizing function, you have a choice between inches and pixels. I always resize to about 550 pixels for the maximum of the two dimensions. That seems to work just about fine!

Back