What do we do with old boats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
When I looked at David's post below regarding "Boat disposal in NJ", I started thinking, what do you do with all of the old fiberglass boats that are totally trashed. My tin boat could be recycled for beer cans I guess but has anyone come up with an idea for fiberglass. Does anyplace take old hulls and grind them up in a recycle process? Sinking them would be impossible for some boats - ala the ad with the Ranger on the water with a hole cut in the hull. Are we missing the oportunity of a good industry?

Sorry, I guess the first signs of cabin fever are setting in. When I get the fever I start talking about dumb stuff. Think I'll go watch a Woo Daves video.

Da Bear

Ok

Whadda do with the old fishermen that went in the old boats?

My Grandpa Hoover had an old wooden plaque that said.

"Old Fishermen Never Die,

They Just Smell That Way."

fatrap

See the problem with Glass again doncha boys? See Tin is fully recycleable. My first boat was a 12ft Tin semiV, when (after 35 years, I had it 2) it developed a long crack in the bow, I sold it for $50 more then I paid for it for scrap Aluminium!!!

Back