What did I forget?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
OK I am getting ready to take my boat out for the first time of the year, before next Fridays first tournament of the year. I unplugged my GUEST charger while I reloaded my fishing and boating gear. repacked the bearings on the trailer and adjusted the tire pressure. Checked all the pumps and electronics. Double checked all the saftey equipment. The only thing I did not check was the lights on the trailer, because my truck is out on loan and won't be back until tomorrow.

I will have to replace the 4 year old TM batteries before next Friday but they should do OK for Sunday. The hydrometer test showed they are weak and I kind of figured that from how they worked the last few times out.

All rods and reels have been cleaned oiled and respooled, tackle supply updated with plenty of spares.

All Good?

BF

Got your beef jerky, snacks, and snacks ready!!!

When did you last change your lower gear oil? I do mine at the start of every season. I don't get many hours in annually but do it at the start every year. I also lubricate my winch. If you use bearing buddies, you wouldn't have to repack the bearings. Good luck.

You did check out the trolling motor and made sure everything was tight didn't you?

You wouldn't want to get out on the water and have to take the head off looking for problems, right:p

Just kidding my friend but you know what I'm talking about...;)

Uncle Billy

change or clean plugs, after winterizing oil is run through engine? and dont forget to tighten your drag on your reels:rolleyes: i hear some people do that every year.

mike c

Latest posts

Back