What did I do?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
If you look a few messages down you will see a question I posted last night titled, Procraft>. I had actually entered Procraft Nitro/Tracker?, with the little arrows pointing towards each other between the words Procraft and Nitro. What happened is, it made everything in the message as well as everthing else below it show up in BOLD PRINT. What happened? I showed it to my wife, who is a programer. She said I had changed something in the HTML. OK???? I see other posts here with red letters and bold print. Is that how it's done? What do the little arrows do?

Harpo

Good job Harpo,

You went and screwed the whole site up. Jeeze. LOL.

(Im just playin man. This computer stuff still confuses me too.)

:)

T.S.

Basically, the < and > are "control" charectors, and whatever you put in changed/ended the basic html that Rich has in place...

In the text of a paragraph, you can do things like &lt;b&gt;bold&lt;/b&gt; to create <b>bold</b> text... colors are done with a &lt;font color="red"&gt;red text&lt;/font&gt; creates <font color="red">red text</font>

If you want to actually have those charectors, you have to use a different notation... &amp;lt; == < and &amp;gt; == >

So, edit your post title like that and you can "fix" your mistake!

So that's what happened! I tried to put the word "groan" in between these characters <<<<< >>>>>>> and all that came up were the characters without the word.

Now I can say I understand though I really don't.

Bill

Harpo, are you sure about that? <iframe> are you sure? </iframe>

Back