What buffing pad to use?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Ruhe

Reaction score
I'm wanting to polish my tracker and was wondering what type of pads do I need to purchase? Wool? foam? Also, has anyone ever used the Bio Kleen Aluma Kleen product before?

There's some really good info regarding the Sharkhide over on the BBC site. Look under the tin boat forum. You'll be amazed at what you can make a tin boat look like! I plan on doing my PT190 this year.

Rick

I polished my PT175 this summer. I used a wool pad on most of it. Where I used a foam pad it left what looks scratches. I also used Blue Magic aluminum polish. When I was finished I put the Shark Hide on. Shark Hide is a good product, and they have great customer support. Looks great, and no more scum line.;)

When buffing a car the wool is for heavyer scratches and the foam is for polishing. What are you trying to buff? Gel coat? Paint or Aluminum?

Also, I have some real fine scratches that some of the polish is getting into and its showing up as black spots. How do I remove these? Use a rubbing compound or other?

hey paul,

I would use a wool pad on aluminum as for the scratches you will need to sand them out. Go with the lightest grit possible

To get the larger scratches..you need rougher sand paper and move up as it goes away, then polish with any good metal polish.

Just remember that what is on the surface will only be magnified if you apply Sharkhide.

Again..you don't want it too shiny..you'll blind the fish!:lol:

e-mail me again...somehow I lost your mail when I moved jobs Monday.

TEE

Latest posts

Back