Well, crap!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Man, what a bummer. I haven't had the chance to mow my yard (1 1/2 acres appox) for three weeks. Two weekends ago was in Houston for a funeral. Last week (and weekend), it rained all the time. Finally, it was nice and dry yesterday.

Got home, changed and headed out to start the process before dinner was ready. Was making the second pass around the upper back yard and mower starts making noises and smoking. Thought I got something caught in the belt drive to the mowing deck again. Dis-engaged the drive and came to a stop. Still making a racket. Then the whole thing came apart.

Launched a rod/piston/whatever through the crankcase. Oil everywhere. It's officially dead.

Now I probably need to get a new one, for just purchasing a replacement engine is probably about $700-800 for the part(s), and not the installation labor. And I'd still have a lawn tractor with bad steering and a poor mowing deck.

Crap.:(

Tex

I am looking into buying a goat for my yard. Think the city will believe it is a really ugly dog? :rolleyes:

May it rest in peace.

Now dig deep and go plunk down the shekel's for a new Snapper.

Harpo

I'd need a herd of goats. But I'm thinking about it!

You are right. They certainly are proud of those Snappers. Would love a zero turning radius mower, but not sure I want to finance one of them.

Tex

MAN Tex that sucks!! If they let you keep the goats let me know, Beka had a goat in High School (no jokes boys) and would love another!!!

Im with jimbob break down and get the Dixie chopper think of the extra fishing time by getting done so fast

JD:)

I live about 3 miles from Dixie Chopper, they are great mowers but are a little salty. My father in law has 2 of them that he mowes his development with and it takes no time. I used it a couple of times to mow my 1 acre, what took me 1 1/2 hrs only took 45 minutes.

Ed

wally world has them on closeout for 25% off in my neck of the woods, check and see if they do in yours.

mike

Not sure I want something that is fast. It would probably 'buck off' an old fat boy like me!

Looks like I've found a used MTD 17hp/42" cut from someone at work. Moving, and I can get a stop gap mower for under $400.00. Then, I can concentrate on something better when I can plan for it.

Thanks for the input.

Tex

I like Mini's idea....kinda of like the Brady's had!

Back