Welcome to the darkside - new Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Just returned home from the dealer. I am the new owner of an 08 Z-7, my first glass boat :eek:

Got the dual console in PR-06 color

150EFI and jackplate

trailer brakes

keel guard

Hyd steering

rod organizer

X96 for the front

80 MK hand control

cover

and $1K BassPro card :D

This is my third boat purchase from them in 10 years and by far the easiest deal I've made with them!!!! :cool:

Congrats - I loved my 882, and with the improvements they have made, that should be one awesome boat.

remember - them basses luvs sparkles!

Congrats Bruce!

For the record, you left the dark side and finally saw the light. ;):lol: Post some pictures for us.

Gene

Sorry, no photos yet. I'll try to get some tomorrow if I have to make another trip.

Congratulations on the new boat. I'm sure your going to love it and your wife will love the console on those cold rainy mornings in the spring and fall. What color is PR-06? Is it in stock or do you have to wait for it?

Hydraulic steering is the one thing I didn't get which I could kick myself for not getting. I don't mind the dual cable that much but I wish I had the hydraulic.

Now, answer one of life's great mysteries for me. What do you guys that like hand controlled TM's like about them? I don't know why but it seems like I notice that it's mostly guys from Texas and Louisana that like them. I've never used a hand control but it seems like it would be PIA. Don't get me wrong... to each their own. I was just wondering.:):unsure:

Uuughhh! Traitor! How many TV-18 owners are left on this board?

(Okay, seriously, I'm a bit envious. Congratulations.)

Sooner - it's in stock, it's a cherry black / red / white. It's on nitro's site when you customize the boat. They only had only single console in stock and I didn't like the color. If I ordered, I would have missed the $1K promo.

For me, the hand control is a plus. I have back / neck problems (herniated cervical disks right now as I type) and standing with one leg like a flamingo all day doesn't help. With the hand control I have both feet on the floor all the time and it's not as exhausting to try and keep balance all day. The other thing I like about it is I can tighten the shaft, set the speed and just go down a bank without having to do much aside of fish. I don't think I could go back to foot control again :)

MO - sorry brother, would have stayed aluminum if they still offered the Avalanche :)

I hear you. My next boat (my wife laughs hysterically whenever I say this) would have been an Avalanche also. I guess I really do have to learn how to tear up a deck and install new carpet.

Dang,see what i started back in August of 2005, the force is strong on the dark side!!! LOL

Them Basses luv sparkles!!!

Latest posts

Back