Weather Wise

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
OK, Some are going to laugh and some are going to say holy bee crapp batman. Took my 2004 Champion 187CX out on a electrict only lake for the first time today. It's a small lake but clear and deep (54 ft max) Good News, Loading was a piece of cake on the TM. The weather went to heck and I had to hide in a cove to make it back. I have a 74lb, 24v Tm on the front and at one time I could not make any forward progress, I had 150 reasons hanging on the back that we where in no real danger. In a lake that small you don't see 3 ft waves and water spouts. I did manage 2 fish before the storm hit, but nothing after that

BF

Unfortunatly That's we pay when fishing on an electric only body of water. Personly if the weather turned that bad I would have cranked the 150 up and headed in. If I got caught by the wildlife folks, I would just plead your case and hope for the best.. Whats the ticket if caught, 50.00 ( I dont know ) but it would be worth it, to get in safe. Just my thoughts...

The thought did cross my mind and if it had gotten any worse I would have. One thing I did figure out, I need a bigger anchor...........

BF

I got caught on a elec only lake one day in a VERY bad thunderstorm.Lightning cracking straight down.

You're darn tootin' I fired up the old Merc and beat feet to the dock.I figured I'd rather take my chances with the fish commision than the Man upstairs.

Steve

Back