We took the plunge!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Fish

Reaction score
Just picked up our new Nitro 640 last night! Probably won't see the water til this weekend.

We opted for the 60 hp four stroke. At the last minute, Nitro made the 90 hp ELPTO available for a nominal upgrade of $195 (yes, leftovers from last year). The 90 hp OPTI was considerably more expensive. I'm not overly concerned about speed...but I am concerned about weight and maneuverability.

For what its worth, The Boat House in Topeka, Kansas was incredible to work with. Very very helpful with all my rookie questions.

gfish

I've tried attaching a photo...keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats but the picture didn't make it.

Everyone...thanks for the nice comments! Looking at your pics, I'm in good company. Beautiful boats!

Teri...you can see a pic of our new rig by clicking the folder next to my name.

OK Gfish here is the pic. All you have to do is either edit one of your existing posts in this topic or start a new one, in the "Message" box where you type your text, select where you want the picture and then (assuming you are signed in already) just click the Folder Icon below the text box (far right one) and that brings up your library. Then you just click in the open hole/circle below your picture and it puts the appropriate commands into the Message section.

Oh and use your photo editing software, or the free one in Windows, to resize the photo down!!

Oh NICE boat!! That 60 Merc won't outrun the 90, but you should be much better on gas in the long run, and should be quieter too!

DSCN0649.JPG

Thanks Trep Man! Did all the right things...in the wrong order. Appreciate your help.

gfish

No problem dude, i would look into a KeelSheild for the boat, that white will show scuffs/scratches pretty easy. Don't know if BPS online still has them on clearance or not.

Nice Boat!

I can only see one problem with it...

IT'S NOT TIN!

hahahaha

just kidding....

az

Congrats on the new boat!!! I like the looks of the plain jane black Merc!!!

Bob G.

Again, thanks for all the comments. Hope to launch it for the first time on Saturday!

gfish

Gfish - tell us tomorrow how it went, and remember we ALL make the following mistakes ONCE, so try not to do all of them at the same time!! LOL

Remember to ALWAYS:

1. Put in the PLUG.

2. Remove the transom tie downs from boat and trailer

3. remove the bow roller strap

4. Fill the gas tank

5. Bring the KEYS

6. Make sure the Kill Switch is connected and ON

7. Make sure you have life jackets, throw cushions and anything else your local/state requires for boating.

Have fun!!

Nothing like a new boat to get a guy excited.....i know how you feel. Get out and have some fun....and if you catch a few, it will be a bonus! Kenny g.

Back