Wax for boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornado

Reaction score
What is the best recommended wax for a glass boat? I've tried several things in the past and have not been happy with any of them. Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

Jim

I use good old fashond monthers carnuba with no cleaner. Its the hard block type that comes in a can. It worked awsesome on my old boat,still shined like new at 8 years old. Its all i will use on my new one too. Its a little harder to work with then the liquid stuff but the results are so worth it IMHO.

I've always used Protec and been happy with it. When my parents had their boat dealership, it was all we would use.

BBS for every-day use each time I yank it out of the water, and once (sometimes twice) each year - Flagship wax.

All the best,

Glenn

Now you have me feeling like a slob. I wash it with turtle wax ice car wash that has wax in it. It just had it's first bithday and has never had a "waxing", I keep it clean and have thought about waxing but haven't. Do you guys lay down under your boat and wax the bottom also?

Do not wax the pad of the hull. You'll strip it off after the next run if you do. I guarantee!! :lol:

The ruffer the buttom of the boat is the more it will hug the water when your going fast on the water. That's a big no for me.

Mac,

Yep, I agree. Awesome stuff. There are some things that BBS just can't restore, and that is why I follow up with the wax once or twice a year. BBS is a lifesaver, and has kept my boat looking great.

I agree with the above - I never wax the bottom of my boat (At least not anymore... not after the first time I made that mistake... :p ). Particularly the pad. I do use BBS on the sides and v portion of my hull to get the scum line off.

All the best,

Glenn

NEVER wax your pad. If anything scratch it up with an emory pad! (not really, but it does work)

Wax causes friction to water (thats why water beads on it). You dont want friction on your hull, especially the pad.

I use BTS (Bow to Stern) Great product. Only have to apply once every month or so and leaves showroom shine. None of the "hard labor" that you have with wax. spray on, let dry, wipe off.

I use Meguires paste wax and apply it with a micro fiber pad and then buff it off. I found that if I use the Detailer spray and wipe the boat down good after getting off the water I can go most of the season on one wax job.

Latest posts

Back