water pressure

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Hicks

Reaction score
Took the boat out today, first time in about 6/7 weeks. Everything seemed to be doing fine at wot (5200 rpms) until I looked at the water pressure gauge. It was pegged out at 30#s. The pressure has always run from around 12 to 18 #s except at idle speeds. Even at 4500 rpms the pressure was running 24/26 #s.

The pee stream look great but I checked the water way tubing for kinks, bends, twist, etc. and found none. Any ideas what could cause this change in pressure?

Thanks, DH

2004 nx 750 w/115 Merc.

More than likely a gauge that is going bad. As long as you have a good stream (particularly for us older folks - ha ha) I wouldn't worry about it. You can always try replacing the gauge and see if that changes things. I had a new impeller installed last year and I only get about 12# pressure, but my boat has always been like this with the original gauge. I ALWAYS look at the pee stream to see if everything is OK.

DH - I'm with Bill, i'd say the gauge is bad or you have something in the line that is causing it to spike. My 115 2 stroke rund 15-18psi at WOT right in the perfect range.

When you say "I checked the water way tubing for kinks, bends, twist, etc. and found none. " did you check both w/in the cowling of the motor and from the motor to the gauge?

Just a thought.

Trep

Thanks for the replys. I'm thinking Bill is right. Probably a bad gauge.

Trep- No, did not check from gauge to motor. After giving it some thought, having a "healthy" stream leads me to believe there is no obstuction(s) in the tubing.

We're getting ready to have a healthy dose of winter here so I'll have plenty of time to check it out further. Thanks again for the replys.

DH

Back