Water pressure bouncing, fuel on E

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Haugh

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask 2 questions in a single post. Efficiency! ;)

1. Is it normal for the water pressure gauge to bounce wildly all the time? The range of values increases as the rpms climb, but I'm wondering if the gauge shot, the line has a kink, or a bundle is cable-tied too tight? A tiny leak somewhere? Or simply normal? There is water coming from the pee hole.

2. Fuel tank shows E all the time. I'll have to pay closer attention, but I think it went deeper into E when I topped off the tank (not 100% positive). Bad gauge, or float stuck? Can someone advise how / where to access the float on a '99 185 Sport?

Thanks.

1. No it is not normal for a water pressure guage to bounce all over. They should be fairly "stable".....if you have a "V" merc.....they will move around when the poppett opens /closes.

2. I would look into the sender, you are on the right track. Follow the wires and it will lead you there. Not sure on the exact location, but on some of those they were under the pedestal mount. If you have problems locating it, shoot me an e-mail and I will find out....

Back