water in fuel

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Nitro

Reaction score
my boat crapped out on me this weekend durring a tourney because of water in the fuel.i have a new 200opti.does anybody run sea foam or quicklean in ther tanks?

James,

I run sea foam and have never had a problem. I charged the cranking battery Sunday and the motor fired right up and it hasn't been started since I had shoulder surgery the first week of October. Good stuff!

Scott

I run quicklean and marine stabil and nae never had a problem with any of my opti's.

Obviously you want a fuel separating filter installed and make sure you never store your boat with less than 3/4 full tank or empty. I always store mine full to keep the condensation out!

Randy!

I have run seafoam since I was told the compression was a little off in one cylinder. After one tank I picked up 200-300 rpms. That was 3 years ago and have never had a problem since. Motor always cranks first time, even after sitting over the winter.

I run sea foam. Great stuff. My old man runs Lucas it does nice as well.

I have said it here often enough... SeaFoam is like the real deal, "magic stuff". I keep several cans around, it goes into everything. But, the best recommendation is from my marine mechanic... What he says is "gospel" to me. He tells me to always use it...

I actually do the opposite of Randy, I try to only put in what I plan to use in the next mnonth and I do use the Stabil for ethanol now that I can't get national brand "real" gas, but his suggestion on a water separator is a good one if you continue to have issues.

My opti manual says not to add any external water seperator because there is aldeady one on the motor and an additional one could cause fuel starvation. I would check with your dealer beofre you add one just in case. Thje last thing you would want to do is pop the motor because it got starved of fuel and ran lean.

I dont run seafoam but i do use quickkleen with every fillup. I dont think either will remove the water you have, the only real solution will be to drain the tank and refill.

I run the Yammie ring free and also the stuff from Startbight that is supposed to help stop phase shifting and also emulisifies (sp) water

I run the Mercury products in my motor (225 efi). They make a fuel stabilizer and a cleaner or you can get them in the same jug. 2 strokes don't like carbon or water so it is cheap insurance to run additives in every tank. A lesson you learned the hard way...sorry.

TOXIC

Quikkleen and Marine Stabil in every tank for me. With what's at the pumps now, it's a necessity in every outboard. (Open fuel systems with ethanol draw water .) Good luck! ;)

Whats the difference between the regular Sta Bil and the Marine Sta Bill ? (besides the cost)

Latest posts

Back