Washing a boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
How do you wash a boat cover?

Mine is kinda dirty. I noticed it today when i covered my boat.

Also, I know its been posted before and I have had no luck finding it but what is that formula to get water spots (or that cloudy looking stuff...w/e it is) off teh engine?

Thanks

A good wash and coat of wax for your motor. I just use mild soap on my cover and retreat it every year with Campdry.

BJ,

As TEE stated, a good coat of wax usually gets the water spots off. I try to never wash mine (vehicles or boat) when the sun is high. I usually wait until late afternoon to wash when the sun is lower and the metal has cooled-down some, then wipe it down with a microfiber cloth. I use Meguiar's Gold auto wax (2 coats) on the painted surfaces and rims.....then it usually rains a day or two later :rolleyes:

If you wipe off the motor cover when you come off the lake...it makes it spot less.

To get water spots off use one part vinegar to four parts water. Works great!:D

BJ,

I recently washed my cover (canvas with protection on it). It came out clean, but I'm not sure that I would do that again.

I used laundry soap, bleach (for the mold) and also some borax. It came out different. I'm not sure, but I may have affected it's ability to shed/repel water. I'll know this evening, for we are getting our first rain in about a month.

The other thing is, I should have gone to a laundromat, and used one of their really big washing machines. Maybe a little 'liquid soap', and some bleach to take off the mildew.

Tex

Bass Boat Saver on the motor....and lower unit......and boat.......and seats.......and console.....and.........

TOXIC

Back