warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Murphy

Reaction score
Tracker called a to offer an extended warranty to cover all the electronics on my 07 Tundra untill 2011. The cost is $600.00.

Has anyone had this and is it worth the money.

My nearest dealer is 150 miles away but they are in the process of building one close to me in Spanish Fort, Alabama. It could be 2 years before complete.

Thanks for any input,

Troy

I have never had a problem with electronics. I would save the $600, if something were to happen $600 would go along way to buying a new unit.

Just my opinion.

HP

$600 is rediculous for an electronics warranty. You could buy a spare (nice color) unit for that price and put it away in a box "just in case". Also - anytime I've had any small issues in the past with electronics, the company was more than agreeable in hooking me up with a replacement or upgrade for a small fee. Even when I didn't have problems - Lowrance offered (and I accepted) a fantastic deal to upgrade my older X55's to X65's on my old boat - for MUCH less than $600.

I'd pass on that deal - big time.

All the best,

Glenn

Put the money in an account and leave it there. Then buy a new unit when something happens like the others said. Just my opinion.

Still not worth it, again pumps are rather inexpensive and trolling motor repairs are not that expensive. Unless you expect alot to go wrong, I wouldn't do it.

HP

Thanks alot guys I think I'll let it go. I thought it was to much also, but I have past on things like this before and had to pay out of pocket later.

Thanks again,

Troy

It covers a lot more than what has been mentioned. Basically, anything not covered by the hull warranty or the engine warranty is still covered.

The only thing that isn't covered is if your electronics have gps. If they do, coverage there jumps t0 2 grand. THAT is not worth it.

I currently have it on my boat, but since none of the paperwork has been signed, I may drop it. Right now tho, it seems to be worth it.

When I bought my boat in 2008, I spent the $650 bucks to purchase the premier protection plan for my rig. This basically took the coverage for almost everything on the boat & trailer out the the same warranty length as the motor.

I know a lot will say that is too much money, or not needed.

Well, let me tell you, I just had a tranducer replaced under this warranty, as well as the complete hydraulic brake actuator on the trailer. Those 2 items alone, if not covered under warranty, would have come to $ 600 bucks, almost the cost of the warranty, and I still have 3 more years of coverage. The actuator alone was $300 just for the parts.

I was also surprised to find out just how much IS covered, so, it may be something to consider in your purchase plans.

Even the bunkboards are covered !!

I know I am glad I got it !!!

TRCM - I understand your point but YOU have a long term warranty unlike the warranty that Troy has through 2011. That is ONLY a year from now. If the $600 was for five years I would jump on it. I have been lucky with my 2002 Nitro as I have never had it back to the shop and have only had to replace one tire (my fault) and two of the four batteries (I won two in tournaments). I know many have experienced MAJOR problems but I have been extremely lucky!

Like most, save the $600 and use it in a year to upgrade something on the boat.

Latest posts

Back