Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Does anyone know the facts on the Tracker Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty - specifically - is it transferrable to the second owner (1995 170TF Rick Clunn Edition)? A buddy who bought a Ranger stated Ranger gives him (2nd owner) 10 years on the warranty. The manager at the Savannah BPS "wasn't sure", which didn't instill much confidence. I've written to the Advocate Group for Tracker, but haven't heard back yet.

Jim

I dont think they give you a lifetime on a transfer. If i remember correctly they give you 5 or 10 years but it also has to be within 5 years of when the boat was built. Its been a while since ive looked at the warranty, i can check my manual when i get home.

I know Ranger, Triton, Champion etc do the same thing, they transfer the warranty but if you buy it as a second owner after 5 the boat is years old they wont. And the third owner no matter when they bought it is totally on thier own...

The limited warranty regarding the hull, interior hull stringers and transom is transferable during the first five (5) years of service

from the original purchase date. A $100.00 warranty transfer fee is applicable at the time of transfer. When properly

transferred, the warranty period to the second purchaser will be for a maximum of ten (10) years from the purchase date by the

original owner.

Hey Guys, thanks for the guidance on the warranty. Took the boat to the marina today and they said the transom is rotted,... bummer. Not sure what I'll do now since I won't put 2,000 - 3,000 into getting the transom fixed. May junk the boat and sell off the engine, or look for another boat with a blown engine. Either way, I'll be on the water in March chasing the bronzeback. Thanks again.

Jim

Back