War Rations

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris hidalgo

Reaction score
Interested to know if war rations stamps from ww2 would be worth anything other than a keepsake, anyone know. I found several while cleaning grandpas desk this this weekend.

I'll bet they have some value to collectors of that sort of thing. Start with a Google search and see what you get then move on to antique/memorabelia dealers in the Yellow Pages. E-Bay might also be a source of information too. Make some calls you never know what they may be worth.

I'll be watching for you on the Antiques Roadshow.:D

Harpo

I make no claims of being an expert, but it depends on the year, which type and how intact they are. If you have the sheath or binder it came in that's a bonus. I'm guessing between $5 to $12 for the lot but that is a swag.

Rather than do that, keep it for posterity - do some research around it, find a copy of the local paper on microfilm during that period (in the libray) and make a copy of the ads for the grocery store or gas station. Make a copy of the front page too and you will have a great story for your kids about what it was like on the homefront during your grandfather's generation. If you keep it, get a plastic baggie and put it in the bag - make sure it has a seal so it doesn't deteriorate further. Now that's better than gettiing money for it, right?

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Back