Wanna see a 44 lb. Northern ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Check this bad boy from Rainy Lake...54" WOW! :blink:

RainyLakeNorthern54inches44pounds.jpg

Hugepike.jpg

:eek: Oucheewawa! :eek:

How big do you think the second pike was?

Wow that thing is HUGE!!!!!!:eek:

One of these days...I'm going to book my boy and I a trip up to where you can catch a fish that looks like a PO'ed Alligator on a topwater plug. Now that sounds like a good time. :D

Harpo

Man they are canabils!!! I'm NOT swimming in that lake!!!

Many a finger has been lost right around the boats when an individual washes their hands with rings on! No lie !:huh:

TEE - I don't doubt it, in Ontario i've seen the pike literaly JUMP out of the water 1/2 way into the boat when i'm lifting my spoon out to re-cast!!

MAN I can't wait till my boys are old enough (and I save enough $$) to take them pike fishing in Ontario. There is nothing like the feeling of a 5-10lb, let alone 44lb, pike snatching your spoon and taking off!!

Biggest pike i've ever seen in person is Tex's from our 2005 Ontario trip, don't remember the weight (he'll post it) but it was 36" long!! this thing would eat my leg let alone my finger!! LOL The beeoch about it, was i'd been fishing for 10 years in Ontario with nothing bigger then maybe 1/2 this size, and Tex shows up year 1 and slammes this momma on a new lure!! Took us 10+ years to figure out the BIG pike don't hang in the weedbeds with the runts!! LOL

John%20big%20pike%20for%20web.JPG

I've seen this photo floating around the internet...it was my understanding that it is a european caught pike...not Rainy Lake..and I do not believe that the pike eating a pike photo is actually related..I saw that one years ago...

I know one thing, after dealing with my puny 36" Northern above, I don't want any part of landing one like that Monster in the first picture.

Yeah, sure. I'd love to have one of those really big mama's. Trep and I are going again this August, and I've been studying up on fishing for some bigger fish. I'm thinking taking one or two of those giant swim baits up there (that look like trout), might be the ticket.

Tex

Last time I was in Canada I was swimming naked next to a weed bed. Good thing they weren't hitting jerk baits that day.

fatrap

Back