Waiting out the storm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sitting here in my motel room, waiting to return home. I hope I have a home, boat, everything I own, when I get there. I live on the westbank of New orleans, and do not know how bad it got. I can say this is hell. I am in Shrieveport, they have a Bass Pro shop here, I been ther twice, but did not buy anything. I do not want to buy something I might not have a place to put, when I get there. I am sure it could be a lot worse, but this is the pits.

Bubby

Wishing you the best of luck Bubby.

If there is anything you need,don't be shy about asking for a helping hand.

Steve

Gilbert: Here in Lafayette we have alot of people from N.O. wanting to go back but the roads are still closed. My older brother has a house in Chalmette but with the news coming out of N.O. it don't look good. He's in Alexandria and will pass here tommorrow. I told him he can stay here as long as he wants. Barry:(

Man it's good to hear from you. I asked in another thread if anyone had heard from you..

If the storm went east of New Orleans and you're west maybe everything will be ok? Anyway, at least you all are ok. I know it's easy for me to say but as long as you all are alright, everything else can be replaced. Most of us up here farther north feel really helpless as to what we can do to help all of you out. We can pray and send best wishes and Nancy and I have been working overtime on that.

Try not to woory and please don;t go home until it's safe.

You're buddy from Maryland,

Bill

Girbert,

I'm not sure where you are right now, but if you come home through Birmingham and need anything, look me up. I'm in the book.

No wonder he goes by Bubby... :cool:

Just trying to make you smile................:D

BF

The best thing you can do to help, if you can, is to donate to the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. When these people are finally allowed to return to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast they are going to need food, water and medical help. Here in Lafayette,La. we are helping the refugees while they are here any way we can. I know it's frustrating just to sit and wait.

Barry:(

Bad situation, hope you come out o.k. Bubby.

Back