Vortex Caps On New Nitro Trailers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new Z20 Purchased 12-15-2018 tandem axle trailer with vortex maintenance free hubs (6 years or 100000 miles). I noticed one of the caps missing on the one of the axles. The grease made a mess on the wheel. The caps are a screw on cap with a rubber o ring. Bass pro replaced it at no cost. I am bringing this up because after I screwed the new cap on I decided to check the other three caps and another one was loose. Recommend you add this to your checklist. If you have to buy the cap it ranges from 20-30 $$ plus shipping. Just an FYI.

Thanks for this information. I have a 2017 tandem under my Z-18. Haven't had any issue so far but I will go back to check up on this. I actually have never really checked mine. Good to know that the screw on.

Update-
I found one of my caps cracked recently. TrailerParts.com has these in a two (2) pack with the seals for less than $30. got them quickly as well. I rotated my tandem trailer tires, removing the wheels, in inspection and found one cracked- only noticed it because with the wheel off and turning the spindel the cap seemed out of round. I had not realized that the grease alimite fittings are under the cap and the end of the spindel feeding grease to the inside between the inner and outer bearings.

Latest posts

Back