Value of boat question

• Thread starter Brian Bell2 [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Question,

I am thinking about moving up to a bigger boat and trying to determine what I should price my boat at. I checked out NADA but they only list to 2003 and only with standard motor.. Any ideas would be helpful

The setup is:

2004 Nitro NX750 SC

2004 Mercury 115 ELPTO

Nitro Galv. Trailer

Dual Pro charger

X 47 at console, Garmin 120 up front

Garmin GPSMAP 76 installed at console

3 year Warranty on Mercury Outboard
1_1.jpg

This is not what you wish to hear...but.

You're going to take about a 30% hit on a first year boat value.

You should try to sell it outright to an individual, should bring much more than a dealer can give on trade.

Brian,

why are you looking to up grade already ???you always have positive posts about the 750. is it to small or are you fishing bigger water?

just courius because i was looking at the 750 and chose to go with the 882 when i bought mine 2 yrs ago.

GregD

Greg,

No complaints at all, its a GREAT boat, possibly have the opportunity ( WPP - Wife pre-approval program ) to purchase the Dream Boat. "2005 Ranger 185VSi with 175 Yamaha HPDI". Still trying to decide if I want to make payments on a boat, as my NX is paid off.

PM,

I plan on selling private, I know dealers would beat me up pretty bad.. Just trying to figure out how much to sell her for.. I was thinking about asking about 13,500, figure off the floor excluding tax the setup with the add-ons was about 16,500

PM, Where you located. I am in Jacksonville, Florida. I checked the BASSCAT WEB site the other day and got an email that stated the closest dealer was in:

Airport Marine Mer/Y Alabaster, AL 205-664-0407 Ken Jr.

Brech Marine Y/J/Evin Selma, AL 334-875-3484 Scott/Ronnie

BASSCAT is on my very short list of boats, but there are no dealers in my area, pretty much my choice is Ranger, Gambler, Triton and Nitro.

BTW, here in FLA we realy do not have a " this time of the year " I have sold last 2 previous boats in the middle of winter ( if you can call it that here ) and had no problems.

Brian,

I'm in Central TX. I might be able to make it worth your while to make a drive though...

Here's a Pantera Classic W/3.0L 200 EFI, very nicely equipped for 26K.

x11192004 064.jpg

You may want to look at the Skeeter TZX190 with 150 or 175 on it. I got mine for $21000.00 before trade and they gave me $7500.00 for my 98 700LXDC. I have a friend with the Ranger185 and I have more equipment then he does plus the Skeeter has 2 indepent livewells, hotfoot steering wheel trim, built in rod holders in the rod locker and a 12" jackplate. It also rides great in rought water. Not pushing the Skeeter just helpful input there all good boats plus I have friend who just a2005 NX882 does ride as good as my boat but is about 3MPH faster And I run 62GPS with the 150. Ken

My buddy bought a cat in Sanford last year. Ill see if i can get you a number or a name. Kevin in Melbourne

Kevin,

thanks, I would appreciate that info, Sanford is only about 2 hours south of me.

Ken,

I looked also at the TZX190, with a 150 carbed VMAX the dealer wants 24K+ ( thought that was a bit high ) for a 2004.

I found a dealer in NC ( www.foothillsmarine.com )that has 2005's with 150 EFI for 24K and 175 HPDI for 28-29K.

Where did you get your TZX190 and what year is it.

PM,

Thanks for the offer, but that is WAY to far for me to drive.

Got it in Granite City Ill, By St Louis Mo They also have in Litchfield Ill.for the same price.It a 2004 www.nameokivillagemarine.com
www.vlfonline.com

Just a note Pat. Glad to see that you are still here and trying to help us all out. If/when I get ready to move up, I'll certainly keep you in mind.

Thanks.

Tex

brian,

like the WPP, i was there two yrs ago.

look into the yammi HDPI, i hear a lot of bad stuff about those motors. i am not much of a motor guy, and i put a lot of trsut into what my mechanic says.

i am sure Pat can give you the low down on yamahas problems.

GregD

good luck if you make the move, a guy in my club runs a pantara 2 with a 200 opti on it, it is a sweet rig.

PM, If you have to choose between 150 or 175 HPDI or OPTI for reliability, what would you recomend based on your experience.

thanks.

PM,

1 Reliability and ease of starting motor.

2 Performance, not so much top end, but hole shot and mid-range, I would at least like to it lower 60's WOT if needed.

3 Fuel economy/range

4 Resale

5 Warranty

6 Cost

PM,

Thanks for the advise,, looks like a 185VX with a 175 OPTI is in my future.. Anyone interested in an 04 NX750 with 115 ELPTO shoot me an email, pics and specs in my library and profile. [email protected]

Back