V-17 Leak

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Knight

Reaction score
I have a 1994 V17 and this is driving me crazy. Leak appears to be coming in through the seam at the middle bottom (at the keel) of transom-hull intersection. Filled boat with 30 gallons of water, no leaks detected. So I'm assuming the seam is OK. It doesn't appear to be coming from anything forward of the transom, but maybe higher up on the transom and I just can't see it dripping? Takes on about 2-3 gallons an hour, so I can fish but I'd like to leave it in the water all summer. What about motor mount bolts and other structural bolts in the transom below the water line? If water gets into the transom itself, where does it go? What is the transom made of anyway?

Thanks for all help.

DK:

Does the boat fill with water just sitting at rest. I found I had a leak at the bow of the boat where the bottom meets the keel. The welded portion was fractured under the metal strip that they put on the bow to cover the weld. I also had water coming in from the live well. The top of the live well where it meets the deck was not sealed. As tee said check the hoses and fittings, as well as the pump itself.

mike

Back