Using a light to night fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean P

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Table Rock Lake this weekend and have read several articles regarding using a light to night fish for crappies.

Wondering if anyone else has done this and do I need to worry about draining the deep cycle battery that I was planning on connecting it to?

Hoping to use this trip to finally get some pictures of my new 750 up on the board as well.

I've done it in the past with coleman lanterns hung off of trees. Caught 158 (with two friends), one night on Lake Conroe (many years ago). Works great. Follow the suggestions from Cedar Bluff above. They've really improved the various lights you can use.

Tex

Be VERY VERY careful nite fishing! I've been reading numerous threads from others sites with a lot of boat accidents and some fatalities from fishermen actually "running over" other boats and some alcohol realted accidents that are really tragic and some were just setting fishing. Make sure all your lights are on and be very aware of other boaters that possibly may not be able to see you. At Dale Hollow Bass boats will run @ WOT at nite...which is crazy ! Even if I knew it like the back of my hand...I wouldn't!

Back