USA Today follow up - got a call from the reporter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
For those of you that read my thread last week, about the USA Today article - here is the follow up.

I posted a 'letter to the editor' covering a number of different items that were incorrect in the article. I also later found out, through the help of others here, that some of the stastics I thought was wrong, was probably correct.

I got a phone message from the reporter/author (Joan Murphy) last night, and a call from her this morning. She indicated that they have corrected the graphics, and some of the other information. I'm not sure that it is 'on-line', but if I find it, I'll post accordingly.

She asked me questions about how much I fished, how long, general knowledge, etc. At the end, she gave me her email address and also asked if I would mind assisting her in checking facts/graphics in the future when they did follow up articles and stories about bass fishing, or fishing in general. Not sure when that might happen.

However, if I get something to verify and check, I will probably also use the vast expertise here as a sounding board.

I was impressed that she not only left a message last night, but that she called again this morning. Always nice to find someone that is attempting to correct something that was wrong.

Tex

She just wants to go fishin' with you, John!

It'll probably be her first time! :lol:

I'm sure she's happy to find someone to help her with her research that won't try to big time her.

Harpo

John..... Seriously..... I think you should invite her out fishing..... Invite her to bring her husband/boyfriend/significant other/son/daughter or someone along so she feels comfortable..... Maybe arrange for her to be your partner at a tournament.....

This could be really good for you and the world of fishing!

Heck..... Can I have your autograph now? :)

me!

Back