Update on my first tourney with Sospenders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
In my tournament last Saturday, I wore my new Sospenders for the first time. Here's my take on them.

At first, I was very concerned, as we faced a pretty soaking rain all day long (heavy at times). However, since I didn't bring my other PFD with me, I used the Sospenders.

After putting them on (around 6:15AM), I never really felt them at all. They didn't impede my casting/netting/angling activites in the least bit.

Also, they never were tripped, even though it was pretty wet.

All in all, I liked them quite a bit. Especially liked the fact that later in the day when I fell/tripped while on the back deck, I knew that if I went in, I had my jacket on.

To those that do not use them, be aware that you must have them 'on', for them to be counted as a legal PFD if you are being checked.

All in all, I'm very happy that I purchased them. I feel that it will be a great improvement in the warmer months (cooler), and it adds another layer of safety to my angling. I swore that I was going to be sent into the drink during blastoff. We were #9 out of the box, and the waves were really kicking up. I locked down on that Ranger's handhold, braced my foot, and rode it out. As is usually the case (down here in the Carolina's), it was a single console boat.

If you were/are considering a pair of Sospenders, I'll add my endorsement to them.

Tex

I'm buying mine this weekend. I'm glad I waited a few weeks because the automatic ones are $30 off in the BPS Spring Fever Catalog ($109 vs. $139). The sale ends in March.

They are great! Just don't hang them wet above a heater (or the like). Steam will trip them fast! Air dry slowly and you should get a lot of use before a re-arming is necessary.

Marke, They were $89 last week at BPS. Bought my wife a new set for Valentine's Day. =^)

Back