Uncle Billy & Fishin'

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. I got out and actually went fishing Friday. Nancy helped me clean up the boat last week so a friend of mine and me went to a small lake about forty minutes from my house. Trep knows the one. I didn't want to get to far from home just in case I suddenly didn't feel well or something. Anyway, everything went pretty darn well except for that big, bright, round sunny thing in the sky.:) (note to Toxic: when I took you out you cried that I kept you in the sun all day and you turned purple. Well, the fish Gods got even for you because I have a miserable sunburn today..)

We got on the water late and it was a crystal clear day with a bright blue sky. Not the best conditions. I was lazy and out of shape and didn't fish real hard. I did manage one pretty good bass and my friend also had one and then he went to ultra lite and caught a mess of Blue Gills. I can't do that:rolleyes:

The boat did great though by the end of the day the trolling motor started getting a little weak

so I have to check that out. Other than that everything went fine except for when I had to fill my truck up with gas. GEEEEZZZY PEEEEZY....

So, I finally got out and it felt great to do so. I'm sore all over today and every nerve in my body is awake and dancing but I'm ready to go again. I don't think I could drive much farther yet but I loved getting out.

Uncle Billy

Let me know when you are ready. We'll take the USS Hammertime out on Anna, big cushy seat on the back deck and no shade!!:lol::lol: I don't think she'll fit on those creeks you fish up there!!:p

TOXIC

went to a small lake about forty minutes from my house. Trep knows the one.

Do I EVER, Uncle Billy, MAN you spanked me that day - You'd be Proud Tox, he beat me EASY 4-1 with his Senkos!!!!

I tell ya Bill, I get teary eyed every time I think of that trip, and that IDIOT who would NOT get out of the ONE ramp!!! LOL

Beka and the boys are comming up your way in 5 weeks, i'm staying down south to fish while they are gone.

Trep

Uncle Billy - Real glad you had a good day on the water. If Toxic was any kind of guide he would stand over you with an umbrella to keep you out of the sun. It's gettin' harder and harder to find a good guide!

LOL

Yeah, besides burning me to medium well he outfished me also. Funny thing was we'd be fishing a treeline and the front of the boat would be in the shade and the rear (where I was) would be in the sun!!:lol::lol::lol:

And Bill H, there are limits to what I'll do for $$$, .......not many......., but being a Cabana Boy is one!!:lol::lol::lol:

Darn Trepman, I thought you'd be coming up this year. Maybe next year, huh?

Toxic, I'm just about ready now. I think I can drive down there. The problem I have is so many darn Doctor's appointments and some of them at the spur of the moment. I thought there was some sort of get together at Bill H's house sometime soon? Well, we'll figure something out, ok?

Uncle Billy

Uncle Bily and others - Always welcome at my place. We can do another outing this summer if everyone is up for it. Just give me some dates that are available and we can schedule something. The hot side always calls. Was out Tuesday last week and the bait fish were all over in canal one. The bassus and stripers were all over them.

Unfortunately, I picked up a nice 5+ bass and then fell in my boat from the top deck into the console and grab rail. Two broken ribs, sprained ankle and abrasions up and down my left arm. Takes me out of fishing for a little bit but I will be back in about a week (Doc said 4-6 weeks but what do they know about fishing).

Let me know when we can get together

Unfortunately, I picked up a nice 5+ bass and then fell in my boat from the top deck into the console and grab rail.

Yikes - Bill in VA!! Sorry to hear about the injuries. Heal up quickly! The hot tub may help with circulation (of course, the heat we've been getting of late probably doesn't make that sound very tempting!). Just don't let anyone tell you too many jokes - broken ribs won't stand for it!

As for a get together, I'd propose we wait until you're healed. No sense in tempting fate. And if you get the urge to fish before you're 100%, you know you're always welcome to ride with me in my rig. Same goes for you Uncle Billy! And don't worry about sun, I can always hook up the bimini top to give you guys some shade while on the water. It worked great this past Sunday when the family and I put in on the cold side (although the water was not cold at all!).

Dang Bill I hope you recover quickly I had broke a rib before not fun. Like Jim said wait to you are 100% before going all out if it don't heal correctly it will bother you forever and you always have a seat on my boat as well if needed.

Good grief Bill, I just saw this... You old f@rt, what are we going to do with you? You worry about getting better, we have plenty of time to fish. I just thought I heard someone else say something about another summer get together.. Maybe if I sent you a new rod you'd feel better faster.:lol:

Jim, thanks for the offer of going with you in your rig. Between you, Toxic and probably Carlos, I won't have to take my rig out all year...:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - The healing process has begun. It's been a week and I am off my meds and feeling much better. Drove to Charles Town today with the Missus, Mother-in-law and her friend to do a little gambling at the slots. Won a little, lost a lot! Two and one half hour drive one way and not worse for the wear,

Gonna go fishing on Saturday just to try the ribs out, Already replaced the winch which stripped its gears the day I fell and had to put a new pin in the troller which came out (same day). I am on the mend and will be ready for the summer get-together in the next couple of weeks.

Keep some dates in mind and let's see what comes up! Got a nice card from Toxic today! Thanks Tox!!!!! :wub:

Back