Ultrex problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idriller

Reaction score
Started having ultrex issues the other weekend. While fishing a tournament the foot control became stiff and you couldn’t steer. Would work fine using the ipilot remote. Then you could try it again after using that ipilot remote for a while and it would work fine. Problem seems to come and go. I called minkota and they told me it’s problem a sensor or the board in the foot pedal. Really kinda disappointed. Just wondering if other people are having issues also. Lots of posts online about this.

Idriller, Please let us know what the problem is exacty and how it gets resolved. I haven't had mine but since January- all good so far. Thanks for sharing- even though it's bad news. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

I have a 2019 Ulrex, I had a problem with the coiled wiring would catch the adjustment knob for the height of the motor shaft and it would pull it out of the holed seat for the coiled wire, this would immediately kill the trolling motor and the spot-lock. Got that problem solved the dealer wired my trolling motor backwards and I had serious electrolysis issue with white crystallized powder around the prop nut, the gaps in the bottom end and the 4 bolts holding my lower end of the mercury and heat discoloration on the stainless prop. The shaft and lower end of ultrex has been replaced along with all other components messed up. Mechanically it has been very reliable other than these issues. I have a Mega 360 ordered and am waiting on it to arrive.

Well got my boat back today after 7 weeks~. In a nutshell BPS just replaced the entire trolling motor since it was under warranty. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet but feel confident it’s been solved.

I had an issue after my first use. It rained all day, and a couple days later I used the TM and it started doing stupid things while it was running, the TM would anchor, then turn, then stop, then nothing. I took the motor in and the head was full of water. Replaced the head and no issues now.

I had an issue after my first use. It rained all day, and a couple days later I used the TM and it started doing stupid things while it was running, the TM would anchor, then turn, then stop, then nothing. I took the motor in and the head was full of water. Replaced the head and no issues now.

That's interesting - I think I recall that there is no real "seal" arong the seam on the head unit cover to keep rainout in the stowed position...

Larry you may of got it fixed by now but in case you have not, I was talking to a guy Monday and he said he had two boards in the foot pedal go out because of them getting wet from rain. He said it was the printed circuit board in the pedal getting wet. He also told me that if you unplug it that you can use your remote to control the trolling motor. The switch on mine messed up the other day when i let off it would keep going i could tap it and it would stop ended up adjusting the switch after taking the pedal up and turn it over to see how it adjusted little round magnet with wire on it just slides up and down you can reach under the pedal and slide it up and down to get the correct adjustment,

Latest posts

Back