TX 170 and Revolution Hull???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny McLean

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new aluminum boat and I have narrowed it down to a Tracker TX 170 and a Lowe Stinger 160. I like the Tracker hull and console, but the Lowe seems a little better built and wider. Do you think that the 170 is a well built boat??? Does the Revolution hull ride alot better than a regular flatbottom like a Lowe??? I am not going to be riding in 3-5 foot waves, but I might get caught out in a 1-2 foot chop at times. I am not looking to bash any brand and I would like honest opinions based on personal experiences. If you prefer not to post here, you can email me at [email protected] Thanks for any advice.

Either would be a good boat but the only way you will ever know for sure is to test drive both of them. Other factors are the length of time you are keeping the boat....PRICE.....and what you get for the price difference. I have no idea but I would assume both boats rigged comperably do not cost the same. Both are mod v's and both will ride better than flatbottoms. I saw your post over on BBC and there is an anti-Tracker sentiment over there. Lots here have that boat (Tracker) and you will get a fair comparison.

TOXIC

JFish - I agree with Toxic - test ride each to see how you like them. I also saw your post on BFHP where there is also an anti-Tracker bias. I've had my 02 PT175 for going on five years and its been great. No major problems (or even minor ones) to speak of. The ride is smooth and it can handle mild chop (I can't!). I would highly recommend the Trackers as a good solid boat for the money.

I have backseated in both models on both small and large lakes. I do not think there is a significant [or any] quality/ride/fishing advantage to either boat. I think they are both built to the same standards. Fit and finish seem to be identical. I think the Tracker stats out as the bigger boat [but not by much]; I think the Lowe is heavier by a couple hundred pounds [that could be a dream]. I truly think it comes down to Price [and what you get or don't get] and trailer quality. When a boat is on dry land, the trailer is critical mass.

Jfish,

There's a fellow over at another site I frequent who has a Lowe Stinger 16W. I used to own a '05 PT175 (great boat!), but now own an '08 Lowe 1653VT Roughneck. Also a great boat, and the fit and finish of the Tracker I had and now the Lowe are real comparable in quality. Go over to the link below and look up shamoo. Nice fellow who I'm sure will be glad to assist you. Tell him Waterwings sent ya :)

http://www.tinboats.net

Jfish -I've not ridden in a Lowe so I can't compare, but having owned a 2000 175 with the Revolution hull, I can tell you that anyone who rode in my boat said the same thing "WOW this does NOT ride like any typical semi-v aluminimum boat!" Now its not on the level of the pad-hulls of the Avalanche and the Xpress/GIII Hiperformance aluminium boats, but it was smooth, slick and handled great in mild/rough water. I sold mine 2 years ago only cause I got a great deal on my Nitro, but i'd buy another Revolution hull if I needed that size/style boat.

Trep

Latest posts

Back