TV'S revisited

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Once again I must say this is the one and only place anybody needs to look for information. After years of looking and research I bought a new tv today and thanks to this site I think I made a great choice. This tv was not my first choice or even my second but after reading and rereading everything here and doing more looking I bought a Samsung 42" HDTV rear projection with DLP. Let me tell you the picture in the store did not show this set off as well as what I get at home with just an antenna. It's 30" tall, 40" wide, 13" deep and weighs almost as much as Trepman at 65 lbs. The picture is great and when the snow gets off the roof so I can get a dish I only expect better.

Thanks to everyone from the other post about tv's to help me make my choice.

BF

Trep weighs 63 #s with $8.00 in pennies in his pocket! :wacko:

Should we change the site name to ntowikipedia.com?

Bruce, when do you want us over for March madness. Do you have enough beer, or do we need to bring some? :)

Bruce, My brother bought 2 of the Samsung DLP 720P sets a couple of weeks ago and man do they look good. He also got the Samsung 61" 1080P for his main room. His PS3 looks great on that TV especially for playing Resistance Fall of Man. I'm buying the 42" Samsung this weekend just so I can play my PS3 on it. Currently I have a 42" Panasonic which is Plasma, it is great in High Def and PS3 looks great as well. Circuit City's price is $899 for the Samsung. If you tell them you are upgrading to Hi-def they will take an additional $100 off. Really can't pass it up for that price.

So you get a modern TV, after years of research, hook it up to rabbit ears?:lol:

Seriously, I have the same set, 56". When you see the picture from the dish, especially in HD you want believe it. I have Directv and by the 3rd quarter of this year they will have over 100 HD channels. So go for the Hd dish and Hd receiver Bruce.

Oh, and the last I heard Trepper left the Golden Corral buffet weighing in at 70lbs.

Rich I guess I better stock up if everybody is showing up. Yes Aaron, I spent all that time looking and then hooked it up to rabbit ears........LOL Thats one thing they don't tell you. HD is tranmitted over UHF so my standard antenna works great.

BF

Oh, and the last I heard Trepper left the Golden Corral buffet weighing in at 70lbs.

Yea but as cheap as Michael is, what you didn't hear is that 5 lbs. of that 70 was food he stuffed into his pockets to take home. And then he hides it so the boys or Beka can't have any..:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Welcome to the 21st Centery. I just remember the questions in the truck, Did you see the show with the big dog?...your answere, No I aint got a TV! That was always your answere!

I can't wait to see the big screen with an ice cold...soda!

Oh ya one more thing...don't forget to get Tivo!

Rip Lips,

Dude whats a tivo? Oh and if you call ahead of time I may be able to find someplace that sells beer in Harford county...............................LOL

BF

P.S My reply was I don't have cable.................................. OK I may have said tv?

Latest posts

Back